Home schooling indoctrination when does it become child abuse

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Apr 19, 2015.

1. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Exactly - it's about "indoctrination" of the child by the Parent(s) - not where the child attends school....

MN parents who do not home school their children can teach them that the Milwaukee Brewers suck just as easily as MN parents who do home school their children can teach them that the Milwaukee Brewers suck.... :yes

2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I see my mistake now. My point was how the kid does not have their own thoughts and sounds just like Mom and Dad to tee.

I should have said hey she rambled on how abortion is OK and should be legal in ever and any situation.

It is about how the kid not allowed to see other points of view.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Why in the world do you think pubic schooling makes the difference. Kids at that age make their judgments based on their parents, unless their parents are totally involved in their lives. Which, unfortunately, is all too common.

The question is, would you have even brought it up if the children were like minded to your ways of thinking. Or, as has been brought up, are you upset because they are not falling for the global warming, Common Core, anti-gun agenda of our current teaching system.

4. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

I very much dislike your analogy use here.

5. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Let's see... Today the Brewers are 2-11, Twins are 5-8. Either way, not so hot. :l

6. sstrykker

sstrykker Banned

First off if the parents are such extremists why are they in your home?

I see the total opposite every day working in central city Milwaukee. No guidance from mom and dad to speak of. 6 deadly shootings this month so far.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  7. pintail2222

Well.... I could have used the analogy that MN Parents teach their children that the Packers suck... But they'd be wrong... :yes

However - if WI Parents taught their children that not only do the Vikings suck but that they also choke - Well they'd be correct... :yes

New England Patriots 21
    Green Bay Packers 26
    11/30/'14

8. pintail2222

So would it be safe to say those involved may have been indoctrinated by a gang?

Any idea when does it become child abuse? :doh

9. Lip Shooter

They were in my home because they are very close friends of ours. Just seeing the 11 year old like she was 100% locked in on her view seemed so odd. Lots of life to live to form her own world view I thought.

I do not care what their views are just the kid being so young and no room for anything else to see seemed like her brain is 100% shut off.

Oh the other part was how honest his kids are. First thing they said was "mother had us practicing saying no, and no thank you" to you.

Last time they were over I let them jump down my stairs into the large bean bags. The 11 year old did the entire flight of stairs. The mother hated that, but boy did those kids have fun.

On our walk in the park both the girls (11 and 9) looked at my buddy and said "dad can we please run" He said yes and they took off giggling and running, I made sure to say don't chip a tooth.

10. Lip Shooter

Yes if they were 100% locked in as I view anything I would have been disturbed as well.

I am not upset at all just wondering if it ever could get to the point of being child abuse?

Lets say it is muslims teaching 6 year olds to blow up buildings is 100% OK and they believe that. Would that be child abuse?