Homemade JerkaJo

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by jhallmark5841, Oct 30, 2017.

1. jhallmark5841

jhallmark5841 Refuge Member

Wanting to make one of these but Ive looked all over lowes for a similar fiberglass rod but I cant find anything that would work. Do you guys have any suggestions?

https://bigtopoutfitters.com/jerkajo

2. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Fiberglass electric fence stake

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

When do the drone decoys come out?

Have a whole flock fly and land in unison. Patent pending of course.

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I have used those stakes for burlap blinds. Too thick, not enough flexibility in my opinion. I'd buy a cheap Crappie Fishing Pole at Walmart. The cap comes off the butt end and can fit over a rebar or other round spike in the ground. You probably will have to either cut a good section of the last thin section of the pole off as it will be too thin to be a solid support.. Heck, any old fishing pole will work. Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.20.55 PM.png

5. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Guess that's a down south thing, my hands would get cold setting it up. Ya want a spinner to move around, get a floating one and save the hassle of having another thing to carry/setup.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Wonder how they KNOW it's 87% more effective than a standard MOJO stake? I'd like to see the metrics used to come up with that... Also like to see how many folks forget to tighten the decoy up to the stake, and get to pulling on it back and forth really hard and let go of the string, only to see their brand new MOJO go flying off into the water.

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I could make one of those in about 15 minutes. A 3' section of rebar or other steel bar that is pushed solid into the lake bottom and also fits the inside of the butt end of a crappie pole about 8 inches. Something mounted on the MOJO that fits into the other thinner end of the pole, a line that goes from the upper end of the pole down to 3, 3 hole bricks wire tied together. No need for all that square bar apparatus. A single wire tie making a loop that has aquarium hose in the loop to protect the line from chaffing that is all attached thru the bricks that the line feeds thru which is sent under water to the blind. OK maybe 20 minutes with a Sea Trial. :joker

8. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Looks like a catapult

Fowler267 and stevena198301 like this.
  9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

A fool and his money...

dog duck gun and callinfowl like this.
  10. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum