North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Honeymoon Hunting Disaster with Capt Froggy

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by pintail_drake2004, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Buck Eye

Buck Eye Elite Refuge Member

Sorry to read about your hunting experience. Not all NC Outfitters are like that. Check with DU or Delta Waterfowl next time. You can not always control the hunting but unprofessional behavior like that says a good deal about a persons character. People need to remember that this is a Gentleman's Sport. It is getting harder and harder to get swan tags and I will take you on a free hunt if you want. We are currently holding thousands of swans.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. SeaDux1

SeaDux1 Elite Refuge Member

I heard FREE hunt and I have a swan tag and nowhere to go
    please reply

3. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Now there's a gracious offer you shouldn't turn down pintail_drake2004 and it doesn't get any better than that!!
    Get packed and head back for a "Happy 2nd" honeymoon :tu

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like Captn Froggy and his guides are a little bit too self absorbed and a bit “Foggy” about their role in pleasing the client’s reasonable wishes.

5. Duck man 88

Duck man 88 New Member

I go with Capt froggy often never had a problem great bunch of guys that work there tails off for there customers this is just a few pictures of my hunts with them best guide on the coast in my opinion IMG_20161123_075747062.jpg IMG_20161123_075747062.jpg IMG_20141118_143608975.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Duck man 88

Duck man 88 New Member

And I see alot of y'all bashing him and don't even know him that's just sad as far as the man that had a bad experience I'm doubtful alot of your story is true ur right about the shot distance open water hunting it's not uncommon to shoot 50 60 yards sometimes but most ducks I have shot with him are around 35 yards or so they have to pull the ducks to them out there they don't bait so it's not like hunting a impoundment or field

7. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

That you Froggy? New member, joined yesterday, and this is your first two post? Sounds fishy! Also very, very far from the best guide on the coast. Not even by a long shot.

8. Duck man 88

Duck man 88 New Member

Froggy I'm sure doesn't even know about this forum if he did you would probably know about it I just came across this and saw all the bs but anyway not sure y u are worried about it you must be a troll probably don't even know the man

9. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

You’re exactly right, I am a troll. I had an epiphany 15 years ago when I joined this forum that someday someone would make a post about captain froggy and give me the opportunity to troll the post. As for knowing captain froggy, I had the displeasure of hunting with him about 10 years ago and had a similar story to the original post. That on top of the numerous post here as well as Facebook and other duck hunting forums tells me that I’m not alone. If it makes you feel any better I see him with a new batch of suckers every time I’m in Hyde county, which is quite a bit.

IrvingForbes and bufflehead1 like this.
  10. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

I’ve just been watching this train wreck and one thing that stands out about your posts is that it neither shows sea ducks or swans.

Additionally your tone comes off as a white trash response to an honest complaint and is consistent with the attitude the original poster used to describe the guide.

IrvingForbes and coachcornbread like this.