Hoping all is well for Clayton

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by mister gadwall, Sep 22, 2016.

1. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

Post in Tennessee state forum says he had a medical emergency at work today . Since he is such an integral part of the Habitat Forum, I just pass this along FYI.

Albino Woodie and jzoo like this.
  2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I saw that as well. I truly hope all is well with this fine fellow.

Albino Woodie and jzoo like this.
  3. Albino Woodie

Albino Woodie Senior Refuge Member

I hope everything is ok with him and it's nothing serious.

4. da fowl slayer

da fowl slayer Elite Refuge Member

Prayers for you Clayton !

5. Clayton

Clayton Elite Refuge Member

Thanks guys. I had a heart attack while conducting vegetation surveys on moist soil units. Hospital staff were a bit baffled by the rubber boots and gortec pants I had on plus the GPS unit in my pocket! LOL. I made sure to leave the machette behind! Lucky to make it back to a road where I could be found. Had to get life flighted to Nashville. Normally a two hour drive. I was in full cardiac arrested when they landed at the hospital. Two blockages at 75% -85% were the culptrit. Two stints and doing okay this morning. Didn't sleep worth a crap last night so am a bit drowsy. Would you believe my sister had a heartatteck just 8 days ago! She is home and doing fine herself.

6. Albino Woodie

Albino Woodie Senior Refuge Member

Whoa bud, that's serious business, you are very lucky, glad you are doing better.

I work in the woods either doing forestry surveys or wildlife management practices and worry about these type of things, but we are not allowed to work alone, so that does ease my mind a little.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  7. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Wow Clayton, just saw this! So glad you had the ability to get somewhere for help, probably saved your life. Lot of respect for those life flight crews, my wife use to work in a cardiac ICU and said a lot of people would't be there if not for them.

Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery. Good thing now is you know what you're dealing with so please take it easy and follow doctor's orders! It will all still be there for you when you get back ...:tu

8. KSU86

KSU86 Senior Refuge Member

You are a very valued contributor - I'm very thankful you made it through. You are in my thoughts & prayers for a full recovery.
    I do a lot of fieldwork by myself - this scare, hits near.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  9. Bluedog

Bluedog Elite Refuge Member

Take care of yourself brother. We need you around. Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Glad to hear you didn't end up laying there too long. Hope you get better in time for hunting season.