Hoping all is well for Clayton

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by mister gadwall, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Clayton

Clayton Elite Refuge Member

Well I found out new information about my condition I had not been told. The two stints are on the right side but on the left side I have an aneurism and then 70% blockage past it. They could not put in needed stints because it is too dangerous to go through the aneurism. He wants more time for the meds to do their job and for me to not overexert myself. It has been a real kick in the gut. Now I am down right scared about having a fatal heart attack in the near future rather than the distant future.

2. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Elite Refuge Member

Well that is a bummer. Best do what he says and take it easy. Does he still have you going to workout at cardiac rehab?

While I would miss shooting some ducks, I think I could still have 90% of the joy of waterfowling just being in the blind and watching friends shoot. Can you make it out to a blind?

3. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

For those who may not know, Clayton had another episode and is in the hospital. I'm sure he could use your thoughts and prayers.

Clayton likes this.
  4. Clayton

Looks like open heart surgery is the best long term solution to maintain the quality of life I enjoy at work and play. The main issue is the anerism and the blockage past it. I have really not gotten any better in the 5 months since the first stints were put in. It just scares me having such invasive surgery.

5. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

Wow.....sorry to hear that. We're all pulling for you. Hang in there!

6. KSU86

KSU86 Senior Refuge Member

Looks like open heart surgery is the best long term solution to maintain the quality of life I enjoy at work and play. The main issue is the anerism and the blockage past it. I have really not gotten any better in the 5 months since the first stints were put in. It just scares me having such invasive surgery.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you've had this set-back. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Scary for sure, research the heart surgeon and get 'er done.

7. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Clayton while it is invasive they have gotten so good it is almost second nature to the heart surgeons. My client and best friend's FIL had one at 80 in early December, they released him in 5 days, sent him home with a vest that monitored his heartbeat, sounded alarm if something not right, uploaded daily info to cardiologist every night and if he went into cardiac arrest it had built in defibrillator that was automatic. Pretty high tech stuff. Now 8 weeks later, vest is off, cleared to start chipping and putting and in another 6 weeks can start playing golf and hunting Good luck and get better. As you discovered, not going to get better just sitting there.

8. DisplacedDuck

DisplacedDuck Senior Refuge Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you Clayon.

9. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely Clayton, certainly been thinking about you. Miss your postings. We all are pulling for you my man ....

10. Clayton

Thank you for the support. It has really sucked these past 5 months being limited at want I can do at work and play. After Wednesday I understand the need for the restrictions as I really was not exerting myself much when the chest pains started. It took two nitroglycerin tablets to stop it. I was perfectly fine afterwards but was transported by ambulance the hour and a half to Nashville. They did a heart cath Thursday. Nothing had changed from what was found in Sept. After several discussions and a lot of soul searching it was decided that open heart surgery provided the best long term solution so I could continue an active lifestyle without having to worry about another heart attack. The fact that I live so far from a heart hospital was also a consideration. Saint Thomas is an excellent heart hospital. They even do heart transplants. I know I am in goid hands. What scares me is I will be having surgery at almost exactly one year ago my father had his lung cancer surgery. Three weeks after surgery when seemingly fine he died of a blood clot.