googletag.cmd.push(function() {googletag.defineSlot('/22715214/refuge_ros_atf_728x90', [728, 90], 'div-gpt-ad-1434482053797-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); googletag.enableServices(); });

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hosted marines

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by Irish eyes, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Visco

Visco New Member

Big Fig... Sounds great. I have been scouting all the wooded ponds on base that normally carry woodies and a couple of Mallards, with no luck.

2. Buckhunter99

Buckhunter99 New Member

When I was at Lejeune I actually meat a local guy and he got me into wing shooting and I have been hooked from day one. I struggled to find places to hunt and was lucky enough that one of my buddies knew this guy and he invited me to hunt with him. I mostly deer hunted with him but we got on some great dove hunts and shot at afew ducks. I still talk to this guy and go visit him any time I am in the area. It has been afew years since I have seen him but hope to get to see him this year and do some hunting with him. I also met a guy from SC while stationed there and go see him almost every year. He is the one that got me hooked on duck hunting and we have gone to Arkansas together. This is the first year that I have not made a trip to visit him since 2009.

3. Visco

Visco New Member

that seems to be the going trend around here for everything. I thought I was good enough with my waterfowl skills but am unable to truly figure this NC thing out. so far all my buddies around here are all fisherman, no waterfowlers yet.

4. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

They let you hunt on the base?

5. Visco

Visco New Member

yes... hunting on base is allowed for waterfowl, but there is nothing to hunt, I haven't seen a duck on base in some time. the geese are all over the ponds that are not authorized for hunting, but no where else.