House approved National Right to carry for Concealed License Holders.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

And one bullet.

I believe, from what I heard this morning, but that could just be THN talk...the rule would only apply to states that have Concealed License Permits.

Opinion until this thing gets hashed out. One more Conservative Justice, especially if the Justice replaces a liberal Justice...this all may become moot.

2. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

No, many do not and that is why states that do require training do not recognize the permits from states that do not require training.

pintail2222 likes this.
  3. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

I think it is an awesome first step.
    Something that should have been a non-issue but is.

This will grow as folks (hopefully) work together to get at least some base line rules. It will have some flaws if/when passed, but, the states working together should be able to get over the hurdles fairly easily.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

States Right - keep the Federal Government out of it.

5. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

In reading this bill and speaking with my representative about it, in order to carry in another state you would have to have a state of resident issued permit. ND offers two levels and is a carry at will state as well. One of the current CC permits is only good in our state the other is recognized by a host of others including finally MN!

States like ND want a national carry, it takes away from the constant turmoil that goes on. I at one time held a Utah permit because it gave me the ablity to carry in other states. But law changes and such made it not recognized by some states etc... so I went and got a FL permit. Mainly because it was the only one that CA would recognize and we had a trip to see my relatives planned.

CC permits should be like a drivers lisence and this common sense approach will get it through the Senate. There is no reason a person should have to drive around a state or leave firearms with someone or in storage until they are deemed a resident of a new state when moving. Nor should the state of NY make people criminals when a plane flight gets canceled and you are forced to retrieve your luggage. Couple years back a person flying through La Gaudi from a national shooting competition had this happen.

So guru this has a much better shot than you think in the Senate. States that don't offer CC but allow for it will likely now create one. There are 5 Senators who badly need gun owner votes to hold seats.

6. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Actually Pin this is much more a Fed right because of the 2nd!

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  8. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Political Kabuki Theater.

House does this "great thing" (just like voting to repeal Obamacare). The Senate then comes close but fails due to some RINOs or select Repubs in Purple states that need to look "reasonable". In the meantime the Dems must vote against it and now Mitch has a bludgeon against Dems in Red states that are up for re election in 2018

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Yep...the Republicans will have to give a dollar for every dime they get back. All of this sexual harassment crap is just diversion to take up air space so the democrats don't have to fade the fall out of the MAGA Express gaining speed.

How many of y'all heard the FBI and Border Patrol suspect illegal alien drug dealers killed that BP Agent? That on top of the Kate Steinle killer's acquittal? No...that would cloud the allie...allie come free democrat "Immigration Reform" agenda.

Trump is keeping his promises but the liberal punks just want to point out his bumps in the road. Or more...Russia...Russia...Russia.

Wonder when some democrat will call for impeachment or another vote recount.

10. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Thing that always got me about this is you have to go through a Federal background check to buy a gun, so why can't the Federal government issue CCW permits and instead leaves it up to each individual state. Other than BS laws and Liberal politics there's really no reason if you have the right to carry in one state it should be denied in another. As was stated this would be like one state being able to issue you a drivers license and another denying you the right to drive in their state because of different laws or regulations, makes no sense at all.

widgeon likes this.