How are blind preparations and state of general readiness going?

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by Duck Enticer, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Timberrunner205

Timberrunner205 New Member

Diesel being delivered tomorrow. Gonna stop pipes this weekend and cut pumps on. Blinds won't be messed with for another couple weeks.

2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

None other, but still a very isolated case.

3. Engstfeld

Engstfeld Elite Refuge Member

Saw several large flocks of specks flying low headed to Marsh Island on Weds. The most geese I've seen flying over St Mary Parish in years.

4. Hiram Evans

Hiram Evans Senior Refuge Member

I went to Wham Brake to scout around. There were so many birds my water pump stopped up with loose feathers. On the way out, paddling, because my motor overheated, I got a ticket for "disturbing waterfowl". Is that really a thing?

5. Duck Enticer

Duck Enticer Elite Refuge Member

I'm ready to blow something up, preferably not the engine of old mud boat I bought. I have been spending "quality" time with it. Rigged up kills switch, lights, bilge etc....It seems to run, but has an old buick V6 engine. It was well kept though, so we'll see how it does in the soft marsh on Friday. Going to brush and dewasp everything then. Looks like a youth went to our lease last weekend and saw ducks everywhere. Killed one. I believe we have a promising opener on the way.

6. Rick Hall

One more visit to put a few specks out, and I'm ready:
    002.JPG 016.JPG

7. Duck Enticer

Duck Enticer Elite Refuge Member

Man I love those roseau patches for covering silhouettes. Of course you can't shoot behind, but that's not a bad thing altogether either. Roseau hath covered a multitude of flaws. Pond looks good. Did you treat it with herbicide or mow it with surface drive.

8. Rick Hall

Opened the pond somewhat selectively with a Go-Devil prop, and thinned the canes enough to see through them without being seen. Tall canes are the bomb for helping to hide those who can't or won't help hide themselves.