How bad was the weather

Discussion in 'New England Flyway Forum' started by cholt, Oct 30, 2017.

1. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

looks like I will be headed to Massachusetts in the am with about 300 other linemen from Alabama Power to help restore power up that way.

2. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Where you going to be? Might wanna bring some of your waterfowl gear

3. cholt

Man I wish I could would love to take a few birds we don’t see down here home but I think we will be to busy restoring power. Not exactly sure yet where we are headed during Sandy we just headed north and ended up in New Jersey on Long Beach island and Toms River and every where in between. We usually will get to a location and they will tell us where we need to go we usually get the roughest stuff but we can handle anything Mother Nature throws at us. Maybe meet some new friends up there and swap some hunts or something.

4. Maineduckhunter

Maineduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

Maine got hammered pretty good, I didn't have power for over 36 hrs. Got it back late this afternoon. Wherever you go... your help is greatly appreciated :tu

5. cholt

We are in North Carolina right now staying the night close to Virginia and heading out in the morning not exactly sure where we are headed yet just north lol

6. Dogman

Dogman Moderator Moderator

There are still a few places out of power in this area.Mine was off for a day,next road over was out for most of the week.

7. cholt

They have sent us back to Alabama worked one day and headed back south now beautiful country up there need to come back when I can hunt some birds thru some woods at our staging area was a nice lake went and watched a pile of birds come in at dark saw and heard some pintail and a few swans tons of Canada geese loved the country side and hardwoods and swamps

8. Mike the fox

Mike the fox New Member

Only worked 1 day? I didn’t have power from late Sunday night to about 6 pm Saturday night. Too bad you didn’t get to spend more time up here

9. cholt

We were ready to work had 350 linemen after driving three days believe me we were ready to get some lights on but they said they didn’t need us. I was hoping to work a few days and explore that area not used to seeing tundra swans tons of wildlife be glad y’all don’t have a bunch of backwoods redneck up there it would be open season lol