How Did You Guys Do Today?

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Floridaboy, Dec 7, 2002.

1. well I've got all three single barrel {grandfathers} over/under,and 2 auto's I enjoy shooting all three but I dont think shooting an auto is bad. as far as skybusters shame on them for not being duck hunters and not knowing their kill zone! I have several triples over the years and deify you too take three with o/u and not sky bust three means three birds with three rounds! sounds like the way you talk you should try black powder

2. Bullet

Bullet Refuge Member

I go into repentance and you call it humor.
    Now I'm really depressed.

And yesterday I only shot 1 duck and it was on the third shot.
    I am confused and in disarray.

I know your right Gus because your in such good company.
    Sarah Brady, England, and Australia also hate autos.

3. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

OUCH!!!

4. D Duck

D Duck Moderator Moderator

Actually a bald eagle tastes much more like a manatee than chicken. :l

Gus - I think there is something wrong with your logic. You cannot make the generalization that anyone who shoots an auto is a skybuster. I know a couple of guys that I have hunted with once (never make that mistake again....) that use doubles and think that anything inside 70 yds is killable. Are you saying that with an auto they would be worse?

I myself hunt with both on various occasions, an O/U and an auto. You can ask my hunting partners that regardless of which one I am shooting, if I am a skybuster. They will most likely fill you in on the times I have not taken shots that were in range because I thought they might be a little far. Personally, I don't like taking shots at anything over 35 yds. We have decoys and camo to help with the deception, when done properly skybusting is not an option.:cool:

By the way, Aaron - how's that new firestick working out? I loaded some 3" Hevishot goose loads for my AR trip that were unbelievable (1-3/8 oz of #3 @1450fps). I and my partner who was shooting the same shells, managed to both get a double on a single shell with the second bird actually behind the first.:eek: Deadly! So, like I told you last summer, that 3-1/2" option is not necessary at all. :D

5. Migillicutty

Migillicutty Refuge Member

Gus, you are now completely showing your ignorance. Your holier than thou no auto attitude is repulsive. I bet the only hunting you have ever done is a gentlemens hunt on flooded field or pond. You have obviously never had to hack it through the mud, silt, bad weather or anything else. As I said before I shoot both an O/U and an Auto. I HAVE killed birds with my third shot. Now go hunt your little house blind that protects you from the elements and make sure you don't step on the ground when you are climing out of the mule/gator/fourwheeler to get into the blind. It's wet and your little feetsies might get cold. :eek:

6. bacgreen7

bacgreen7 Senior Refuge Member

:l :sp :l

7. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

If I did stomp through the mud I wouldn't take a Semi. They jam to easy. Not like an over and under. They never jam.

And I have one question for all you people taht know so much. Why do you keep calling a SEMI-Auto an Auto. I thought auto's where illegal. You don't even know what your shooting.:sp

8. Kevin Hall

Kevin Hall Senior Refuge Member

Actually, an "automatic" shotgun is an "automatic-loading" shotgun ... :rolleyes:

:sp ;)

9. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

Gus.... A hunter need not split hairs on terminology...Everyone knows the differance between a fully automatic weapon and a semi automatic.... You're trying to deflect heat off yourself for your silly assertation that someone who shoots a SEMI-automatic(now does that make you feel better) shotgun is somehow inferior to someone who shoots an over/under. Gee, in the "pecking order" of gun snobbery, YOU fall below the "traditionalists" that shoot nice exposed hammer gun side by sides! I personally don't have the spare cash to play snob... I have a daughter at Vanderbilt university and that is quite snobby enough for my wallet thank you :D ;)
    As for my A-390.... it is economics...At $529 at wal mart it was the best gun for the money..IMHO... The list of $500 over/unders is small..very small indeed.... And since I have shot an auto my whole adult life I'm not ready to try to switch to a pump. I tryed my sons pump but I spazzed out and I forgot to pump and pulled the trigger on empty hulls or short stroked and got a feed jamb...
    Regardless, What someone shoots is no indication of whether he is a "sky buster" or not.... You sound young and you have strong personal convictions bourne of niavety.... Very few things in this world are black and white and cut and dried....That you will learn with age.
    :)

10. bacgreen7

bacgreen7 Senior Refuge Member

Could not have said it better. Does not take much common sense to realize what were talking about it. I have never heard anyone always say semi-automatice shotgun (why would one need to?), then again I guess thats because no one hunts with a fully, use what little common sense you might have. I have an automatic shotgun! :D