How Did You Guys Do Today?

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Floridaboy, Dec 7, 2002.

1. LIKE I ASKED BEFORE WHY DON'T YOU USE BLACK POWER? IF YOUR THAT GOOD YOU'LL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO RELOAD :l :l :l

2. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

Don..................I'm going to KY in Jan. to hunt up some geese. Maybe you could load me some of those killer loads.;) :D I'll be shooting only Canadians so make it BIG.:D The gun so far has no let me down. My shooting on the other hand has a few times. Every hunt I get a little better then BAM!!!!!. I start all over again. I'm averaging 15 shells per hunt. That includes whacking mine and everyone else's cripples. I have had a couple hunts where I shot limits and kept the total under 10 shells. (9 both hunts) I've put around 600 rounds through it and it has yet to jam. So far so good.............:)

3. Migillicutty

Migillicutty Refuge Member

Gus you poor ignorant soul. Someone has misguided you, someone you must look up to very much. For I am certain that if you had any knowledge of our noble sport of waterfowling and the weaponry we use to conduct our sport and summoned up just a few logical and rational thoughts you would realize the fallicies of your argument. You have had older and more experienced hunters inform you of your errors in rational and yet you still cling, if ever so slightly to your argument. Oh well, maybe someday when you get into the marsh you will realize, but then again maybe not. Keep looking down your nose. It will take you far in life. Oh and don't forget to keep those feet dry; the water is cold this time of year. :D

4. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

One day all you "SEMI" shooters will be true too yourself and admit it. You rush your shots and shot birds leaving that should not be shot at. Why you may ask? Because your gun has so politely reloaded you.

Mr. JR. you should use your sons pump more often. Unless its to hard to teach old dogs new tricks.:sp

5. Bullet

Bullet Refuge Member

6. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

Well Gus...I am beyond "new tricks"..... I'm glad I brought my son from a single shot to a pump gun...It cut down on his ammo bill while he learned to hunt.... a youngster might get carried away with the extra firepower. But for me... now my old brittle bones like the soft recoil of a gas operated auto...errr SEMI automatic shotgun.;)

7. Gus E

Gus E Refuge Member

Not only does it cut down on shells but it will not start any bad habits. You know like; skybusting and rushing shots.:sp

One more thing. How come none of you SEMI shooters seconded MR Migillicutty's statement about stomping through the mud and slop with your SEMI.:l

Little tight lipped about that?:eek:

8. :l you gotta be smokin some good herb I'll drop my browning in the swamp shake it out and smok'em. I can't say as much about my new barreta 303 its only got around 250 rounds through it but it hasn't even burped yet. besides my guns never get mud ine'm airboat runs right past the mud to clean water on the other side even if its on the other side of the road or levy :l today 6 birds 8 shots :eek: if you just wait for your shot instead of gettin duck fever. :D o/u weaterby only shoots clay ducks it would probably run and hide from a real duck like some labs I know :l what still no rply on black powder:l

9. D Duck

D Duck Moderator Moderator

I'd sure love to load some of those loads for you Aaron, but you couldn't afford 'em. After I figure in my time (I won't tell what I bill out at :eek: ) the cost per shell is over $4. Materials alone come to $1.18 which is better than factory, but it takes a lot of time.

Buy some 3" #3's or #4's for honkers, I suggest 1-1/2 oz payload. They will definitely amaze!