How do you surf the ‘Fuge?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stevena198301, Dec 6, 2017.

How do you surf the ‘Fuge?

1. PC Chrome

35.7%
  2. PC Internet Explorer

14.3%
  3. PC MS Edge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. PC other

7.1%
  5. Android Chrome

14.3%
  6. Android other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. iPhone Chrome

7.1%
  8. iPhone other

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

If you're such a computer wiz quit posting links and tell us how to do it. Those links don't provide definitive fixes, at least the way I read them. They say updating your browser or deleting history and cookies will probably fix it. Hasn't for me. So how do I fix it......and don't post a link!

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Nawww. I can tell when my help isn't wanted.

hobbydog likes this.
  3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Besides, you may have missed this part.
    Sorry for trying to help.

4. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

I get the same adds/pop ups on my android. It only does it on this website and only on the PAF. It doesn't do it consistently either. Every few weeks I'll have a problem with it. It even seems to be certain threads too... I need to go check for cameras in my shower heads and get more tinfoil.

YL03

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

I tried this once and it didn't work for me, then...
    I know somewhat of PCs, but little of iPhones. I am convinced that while the original problem came from a system hack, the problems now are most likely in affected phones, so clearing history and cookies seems to be the ticket for success.

6. Native NV Ducker

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/08/chrome-prevent-irritating-unwanted-website-redirects/

Today, Google announced some tweaks coming to Chrome that are aimed at blocking surprise website redirects and irritating pop-ups. In a blog post, Google said that around one out of every five feedback reports regarding Chrome mentions users being directed toward unwanted content and so it's working to address those issues in upcoming Chrome releases.

In Chrome 64, Google will automatically prevent webpages from unexpectedly navigating to a new page, which Google says is often due to third-party content embedded in the original page and often not intended by the page's author. Chrome will now block those redirect attempts and will show that a redirect was attempted and prevented in an infobar, an example of which you can see in the image below.

7. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

May be a dumb question, but is the fix for Android users the same? Delete cookies and browser history? Does anyone know?

8. Native NV Ducker

Yes. But there is more you can do
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-android-virus/
    In this step, we will scan your Android phone for malware with Zemana Mobile Antivirus application. Zemana Mobile Antivirus is a free anti-malware application which will help us detect if any malicious app or file is installed on your device.

1. You can download Zemana Mobile Antivirus from the below link:
      ZEMANA MOBILE ANTIVIRUS DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download Zemana AntiMalware for Android)
    2. Click on the “Install” button, and when the app permissions will be displayed click on “Accept” to install Zemana Mobile Antivirus on your device.
      [​IMG]
      Zemana Mobile Antivirus will be installed on your phone, this will only take a few seconds. When Zemana Mobile Antivirus has finished installing, open the app
    3. To perform a system scan with Zemana Mobile Antivirus, click on the “Full Scan” button .
      [​IMG]
    4. The scan may take a few minutes depending on how many apps you have installed.
      [​IMG]
      If any malicious apps are detected, click on the “Delete All” button remove them from your Android device.
      [​IMG]

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  9. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Just tried the Zemana scan. No viruses found. Haven't had the pop ups in about two weeks though. It's always a mystery.

10. Native NV Ducker