How do you surf the ‘Fuge?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stevena198301, Dec 6, 2017.

How do you surf the ‘Fuge?

1. PC Chrome

35.7%
  2. PC Internet Explorer

14.3%
  3. PC MS Edge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. PC other

7.1%
  5. Android Chrome

14.3%
  6. Android other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. iPhone Chrome

7.1%
  8. iPhone other

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Also make sure your phone is on the latest software version and all apps are updated.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

So, I run Chrome on both, and remain logged in with my GMail account on both Chrome browsers. I don't "share" browsers, but I am logged in with the same account on both. I also don't import on my PC browser (USG work PC, heavily anti'd with HW and SW).

No, NV, I don't want you to move it, if it was my mistake. I literally had to fight off redirects every 5-7 seconds while trying to make that survey, and it was bouncing between the PAF and General forum when I would use the back button (I have found that if I fight it for a few to several rounds, it slows up/quits. If I close my browser tabs and reopen, as was suggested by another Mod through PM, it starts the entire process over with a vengeance.).

Nice! Hope it ends your problems!

3. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Have you tried Adguard on your chrome browser?

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

:l I really wish that were the case. We should all know better... If it has never been hacked, that's just because folks haven't tried hard enough to hack it. IT security is a reactive process. Hard to be proactive when you have no idea what kind of way someone will come up with to get into your stuff. Hard to stop an insider threat set on doing something bad.

The_Duck_Master and API like this.
  5. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Same here.

Yesterday, I installed the IOS update I had been putting off for various reasons. I also did everything in one of the links NV posted. So far, so good, but I only tested once yesterday before I left to hunt and I just got back.

My thread on the main forum was deleted and I get it. There are 100 of these threads. It looks like the majority of users are using iPhone or iPad here, according to the poll, or at least the majority of the poll respondents seem to be affected iPhone/iPad users.

I appreciate that the infection issue has been admitted and corrected. I think that is a positive and the right thing for the owner/mods to admit. It’s a complex issue with many possible causes, clearly, and I understand trying to get 100 people of varying technical capability to do certain things that might/will fix the issue can be like herding cats. That being said, there is still a possibility that it is a third party ad issue, which I’ve seen at other websites and forums I visit.

I know it’s frustrating to deal with these threads constantly, but in the future, it might not be the same issue that was previously thought to have been the root cause, because these issues can be, and frequently are, caused by third party ads.

I don’t use and don’t want to use ad blockers because I like to use this and other similar forums and I want to support those that provide these places online to discuss common interests with people across the country or world.

I think some of the responses and bull-headedness about what the root cause is, given that there might currently, concurrently or in the future be an issue with third party ads, is counter-productive or might be causing some of the frustration from non-moderator users. This isn’t an easy fix, especially when most of the users here are not IT people by trade, but there also wasn’t a whole lot of patience offered, in my opinion, in many of the official responses from the forum. And it seemed like a few moderators were affected as well. That’s not directed at anyone in particular; it’s simply an observation.

Hopefully everyone experiencing issues keeps working at fixing it, and maybe someone takes a look at the possibility it isn’t exactly what is previously thought for all users.

Timber Hole likes this.
  6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Appreciate the comments. For sure the notion of one size fits all never envisioned the potentials of an IT environment.

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.
  7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I would like to take a step back, and apologize...

Much of what I have posted is true. That said, I think the problem is bigger than my research has led me to believe. I also think my research may (is) behind the technology that is being used today.

The battle for control of the Internet continues.
    @MJ
    @admin1

8. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the info. Tried the fix and so far so good.

Glad to be back