How is it lookin in ND?

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Rangerbob, Nov 28, 2016.

1. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Wow I almost wonder if at this point they will just stay the whole winter!

2. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Highly unlikely but if we never get any snow who knows. This trend started to really kick in a few years ago and has been escalating most every year since. Odds are good that it's the start of a far more northerly short stop on the snows like what has already happened to the canadas. Be interesting to watch the people south of that squaw creek type area bitch when the snows stop showing up each fall.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  3. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Thing is......you only see the white ones. There are most likely a lot of blues there.

4. Dean Nelson

Buggers are some tough little SOB's since they didn't seem to mind the winds to 45 and the 4 foot rollers out there this morning. Lots of open holes reforming once again in many of the smaller water all the way down to 1 to 2 acres potholes. Looks like another year of how many trucks can we drop through before spring hits on Feb 10th or what ever it will be this time. Hell there were a half doz or more boats out fishing in town yesterday so thats pretty close to a first.

5. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

you guys want those birds to migrate as far south as possible. Otherwise, all the hunters will be migrating north to hunt right along side you guys. :tu

6. zoops

zoops Refuge Member

Saw quite a few V's of snows high and heading south when I was SE of Bismarck today walking the dog (aka pheasant hunting, I guess I had a gun lol), so a few of them are apparently saying f it. Said to my buddy "not too often you witness snow geese migrating on December 17 up here."

7. Dean Nelson

Yeah after today looks like the party will be over the ice will be building now. Folks lake finally gave up the fight a couple nights ago so it's definitely time. Weird to hear Harleys and boat motors instead of snowmobiles in the snow blowers.

8. Dean Nelson

Had to laugh the other day because this was definitely a first seeing actual real numbers of snows mixed in with the honks around my place. We never get snows or swans for that matter on the river around town but here's hoping it's a trend!

Screenshot_20171221-080805.jpg

9. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

So the snows are still there?

10. Dean Nelson

On the river only and probably gone now. The river always goes longer thus why it has its own season.