How is it lookin in ND?

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Rangerbob, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Storms slowly slipping more into sask witch is good. Definitely have a shot of seeing a speck push in with the weather where they are looking like this.
    1167.jpeg

2. qckaddct

qckaddct Elite Refuge Member

I think that was 2010? I had planned to make a trip out there and it all fell apart two months previous. Had it held up, the day I was to leave, I would have met a hell of a storm.

I'm headed out there with my dad October 28-November 2 and Id be lying if I said all these reports of snow coming in early didn't make me nervous/anxious! :pra:no

3. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

2009 storm was long and drawn out if I remember right. We got a massive brown duck push in Nebraska across the whole state, two days before season was supposed to open on October 10th. The morning low of the opener was 11 degrees, breaking the old record by a long way and we had a couple inches of snow. The next day on Sunday it snowed like crazy. I'm pretty sure it was the snowiest and wettest October for where I lived (far NW Nebraska) on record. I know this has nothing to do with ND but I figured I'd chime in since I know you guys had to have lost piles of birds that year. I really hope we don't see that again with this storm, like someone said, it seems there is quite the lull then through October.

PorkChop likes this.
  4. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Bismarck to Devils Lake to Langdon supposed to get 4-5 inches of snow tomorrow night.

5. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Yep with this to follow sun through Wed. Keeps change on a bit here to there and had pushed further into Canada but not the pushed back down again. Key point is anything you so Missouri River doesn't really count because that comes out of the first wave and that'll be completely destroyed by the rain from the second wave.

Screenshot_20181003-222705.jpg

6. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

What a flip'n mess in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

7. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My crane numbers have exploded. Not much for new ducks and not as many honkers as I would’ve expected. Saw a lot of Greenwing teal last night.

8. MrMallard88

MrMallard88 Senior Refuge Member

Dean -- seems they have dropped totals quite a bit. I would guess that trend will continue.

Total Accumulated (though 10/13)
    upload_2018-10-4_8-12-48.png

vs

Snow Depth (through 10/13)
    upload_2018-10-4_8-14-5.png

9. Duckslayer100

Duckslayer100 Refuge Member

They always over promise and under perform when it comes to these storms. I think they'll be a few new ducks down, but the main push is still weeks away. Like it always is.

10. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I have seen next to nothing for swans. They are usually the best indicator of when the fat lady is going to sing.