How is your season going

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by timbutcher, Nov 28, 2012.

1. jdavis92

jdavis92 Elite Refuge Member

It's so cold the spoonies came south on us.

Unfortunately looks like most of the birds I want to shoot left south on us.

Enjoy the last couple weeks of the season down south boys. I don't think there is anything left up here.

2. AZDUCKMAN

AZDUCKMAN Refuge Member

2 spoonies, slow on the gila... had flights early nothing decoying though its rough pass weekend...

3. jdavis92

Guess there were more ducks around this morning than I thought there would be.

Bagged 2 Gaddies, 3 Mallards, and my first ever Bull Can!

We actually had another strikingly beautiful Bull Can land in the dekes. My buddy took aim and as it took off his gun went, "click". Pesky pump actions and remembering to cycle after your last shot! :dv

[​IMG]

4. timbutcher

timbutcher Senior Refuge Member

Great hunt Jeff, I have killed more cans than ever this year. It is a true testament to organizations and the commitment of hunter to conservation.

5. Birdup

Birdup Moderator Moderator

That's a great picture Jeff.

6. jdavis92

One more shot (pun intended) this weekend boys.

If the shooting is good on Saturday, I'm headed out Sunday as well.

Good luck to anyone headed out!

7. takeem1

takeem1 Senior Refuge Member

The season has been pretty good so far. My crew has had it's ups and downs with last Sunday being the high mark of getting a neck collared snow from Russia and a 8 year old getting his first goose. Don't forget to take some kids hunting on the youth waterfowl weekend.

8. timbutcher

One more day left boys go get em.

9. jdavis92

With very little breaks in the rain, the birds were not in the air yesterday.

We had some chance and left with a couple of birds but nothing that made us want to go back today considering the weather hasn't changed.

So we called it a season. Now I wait for another 8 months...at least I'll have baseball and mtn biking to keep me busy.

Wife gave me my XMAS present today. A little late, but it was a blown up photo of the dog and some birds in a custom frame. Kinda hard to get it too me on time when we really didn't get into the birds until late December. ;)

By the way, this was a great thread to check on throughout the season. We should definitely do this again next season!

10. timbutcher

Jeff, this has been good we need this type of thread to keep this forum alive. Maybe we should do a spring thread and keep in touch. Thanks for the great posts this year guys. I think we should put up pictures from the season. Keep in mind not to give away your best spot. Lol