How many days a year?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Tbgoose, Feb 5, 2017.

1. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

Good looking dog

2. spg

spg Senior Refuge Member

This year it will be every day of the open season except for 5 days. September 1st until February 22nd. No hunting on Sundays.

3. calstefanko

calstefanko Senior Refuge Member

15-20 with school during the week I can only hunt weekends.

4. Tbgoose

Tbgoose Refuge Member

This was the best year ever for us. We limited out literally every time we hunted geese. The stars aligned perfect with the weather bringing the birds down and than turning off just nice enough to keep them here. 23 trips out. A truly fun year with all the younger kids I was able to get off and have several get their first limits.

5. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Most years I was getting our33-37 times,3-4 of those hunts are 3 decoys, run out into the field for 15 20 minutes and drive like crazy to work.
    this year was very odd. 9 hunt in a row I never fired a shot, Then a streak of 4 goose limits. However some of those hunts were until mid afternoon on extremely cold days. Three of those long day hunts were an early single or pair. then an afternoon pair or group and the only birds I saw
    I had a couple early two or three flight hunts. but nothing like years past. A few wield and crazy hunts, A couple days of big numbers of birds in the air and easy to decoy.
    I did spend spring bear hunting, and the fall archery elk, deer, bear, and a moose hunt with my daughter. Lots of great hunts,.. just not waterfowl

6. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

From start to finish it's probably around 70-100 days a year now that I'm slowing down. I also spend way too much time in a tree stand from Oct-20-Nov 20th.

I'm whipped by the end of it, but after about 48 hours I'm bored out of my mind again.

7. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Not enough. Never enough.

Allan, dux/24 7 and GK1 like this.
  8. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

usually 30

9. BIGFOOT11

BIGFOOT11 New Member

Usually 30 days. Only hunt weekends but skip school to hunt during the week quite abit.