How many Veterans out there?

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Ducksergeantorg, Feb 23, 2018.

1. mrbill

mrbill Elite Refuge Member

USN 1966-1969.

2. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

US Army 69-72, Ft Bliss Nike-Herc Elex school, instructor, then Germany Nike site.
    USCG Reserves 72-95, Elex Tech Station Grays Harbor (Westport), Officer Candidate School, Search and Rescue Controller.

Old is too young of a word for us! Maybe old geezers would be better?

3. Ducksergeantorg

Ducksergeantorg Senior Refuge Member

Yep geezer's

4. aldal

aldal Refuge Member

USN, 1964-1968. USS Canberra, CAG2.

Al

5. fflegel

fflegel Senior Refuge Member

United States Army 1967-1979. (Left kicking and screaming-Medical retirement). (Not a section 8-got injured)

6. Ducksergeantorg

Thats not good getting hurt

By now no younger people on here, where is the next generation of hunters, oh yeah playing Xbox

7. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

First off thank everyone for the service. I have enjoyed looking through the post and seeing who is a veteran.

I just want to point out that just because the younger generation on this forum chose not to go into the military doesn't mean we are sitting around playing xbox. It just means we chose a different career path.

8. Ducksergeantorg

Yes sir, I know a lot of young people serve in the Military, heck they are the back bone!!

9. JEG

JEG New Member

USAF 1989-2009. Medically retired after 20 years and 5 days of service (AF did me well and let me stay as long as possible to get my full DoD pension). Assignments with Strategic Air Command (going toe-to-toe with the Ruskies), Air Force Special Operations Command, several Joint assignments with the Army at Fort Carson, Washington DC. Glorified intelligence officer who supported the war fighters as best I could. Now I work at JBLM as a civil servant. Took a long break between military retirement and coming back to the GS, but had to do it. I'm really excited about hunting on JBLM (new arrival) ... just got my disabled vet Washington vet license and looking to break it in. Medically retired because I got hurt, not wounded. Not a war hero.

Wareagle1 likes this.
  10. Ducksergeantorg

Maybe we could duck hunt on post together, all you need is coffee, gun, shells, and permits as required. Send me a PM next fall?