How much an acre with wetlands

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Goosemaster, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Goosemaster

Goosemaster Elite Refuge Member

Been trying to do some research on a parcel that is approx 110 acres of pasture and 50 wetlands. From what I've seen online the pasture in that county goes for approx $900 an acre. Does that sound right? Secondly how much on avg does an acre of wetlands go for? This property is south of devils lake near carrington. Mostly looking for a place to escape and hunt with family and friends. They are asking 170k which seems steep from the little research I've found.Thanks

2. Goosemaster

Goosemaster Elite Refuge Member

P.s. I'm not a mn resident anymore. I currently live in Virginia and sold my house and plan on moving somewhere in the midwest when the kids get out of school in june. I haven't hunted birds in almost 10 years :( I miss it dearly and the wife agreed I've suffered long enough and I can buy some property to hunt and build a shack on.

Jethro48 and PorkChop like this.
  3. zoops

zoops Refuge Member

I've heard of pasture land in the central part of the state going for over a thousand an acre - I know nothing of that market or the variables involved however.

4. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Possible step correction could occur anytime. Crop prices are low vs. input costs. Federal ag loan delinquency rate is about 19%. Many farmers apparently purchase new tractors and implements every year (trading out the old), buying land at high prices... just like the drought / flood cycle and oil boom / bust ... one has to wonder if ag is headed down soon.

Those living modest and conservative on their investments remain safe and be fine.

Some of you may remember the 80s when foreclosure auctions were a common occurrence.

5. Jethro48

Jethro48 Refuge Member

I've never met a farmer who admitted to having money! But all had nice homes new trucks and nice equipment! Don't blame them tho a lot of hard work for what all they do!