How to Contact RDC

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Aggie9, Nov 22, 2016.

1. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

We made our spread substantially smaller. The two guys I hunt with, their lives made some changes and they sold their gear. I have a couple fields I can put a pit in so I dont need a lot of decoys and I certainly don't mind just putting out a a handfull to dozen or two decoys.

DSD didnt have any decoys available when I had the money.
    I wanted to try DOA, however they were out of stock also. And I did want to try RDC's.
    It was a week or so and Bill contacted me on email. Had the decoys a few days later. The decoys are a heavy well built decoy, Seem like a very good value.

I just looked at Deceptions web site, goose decoys out - of-stock

I hate on-time production and sales.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

Salt, are you talking honker decoys? If so how do you think they compare to DSD honkers. When you say heavy you mean the construction and not the actual weight correct?

3. salthunter

Yes honkers. The RDC's defiantly weigh more, they are a heavy decoy
    I dont know about wear and tear on the material yet however the material seems pliable and durable.
    MY DSD have been used alot. Many times I shuttled them from the pick up to an ATV trailer or boat, then back to the truck, then unloaded at home again
    The Ace material dozen I pre ordered before the ACE honkers were made. Those decoys have shown wear. We use to carry them by the legs. Last year some of the hose/leg holes began to rip We quit handling the that way.
    Until last year I stored my DSD's bagged and stacked with the heads on in the upper part of y shop. Im sure some summer days temps were above 110 where they are stored. Some of the Upright heads insert hole relaxed and the heads were not setting correctly. Last Summer I removed the heads during storage and they set fine now.
    Long story the DSD neck head hole on a couple have torn inserting and removing the heads. I still prefer my DSD's well beyond any other decoy,

Back to your question RDC's seem well done,.. maybe a bit over-built with material. The first time out I set them on top of my DSDs there was paint wear from the three hard side DSDs that weren't bagged. Monday I flocked the heads
    Monday I also ordered new bags for my fb decoys The original DSD's were hard on bags.
    I find the new RDC a very good,.. an exceptional value.
    But they are not the premium decoy DSD's are.
    I still plan to replace all my handfull of old hard side DSD's with a 6-pack of the new DSD lessers, maybe next year!

Not a sales pitch.
    I still believe DSD's out hunt any other decoy made. Some of my success I believe is due to them.
    The experiences Ive had and hunting with my daughters and friends I dont believe most hardcore experienced hunters have only rarely on occasion experienced.

4. Waterdog Trainer

Thanks Salt. Lots of great info. I to have the hard sided DSD, 3 1/2 dz. I've shot a lot of birds over them. Not that I have to pack them but I just don't like the weight. So far I've glued about have of the heads on and replaced the tube legs with black bungee and welded a spur on the stand. This is much better than the rubber grommet imo. I may see if I can order one of each, DSD and RDC then decide. Thanks again for all the information.

5. salthunter

Ill be making black surgical tubing legs. the grommets really didn't work unless they were jammed inside the hole with he stake

6. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Small heater hose from napa is the best cheapest fix mine are over 10 yrs old

7. Aggie9

Aggie9 New Member

Thanks for all the help I was finally able to get in touch with the Replica crew and placed an order. For you guys running Honker Decoys what decoy bags have you been using? I have seen a post here stating they are 11.5'' wide and I have found most "normal size" honker bags are 10''-10.5''.

8. Waterdog Trainer

I would wait until you got them and take a couple with you and fit them. Assuming you're not ordering on line. Worse thing is slots too big and decoys flopping around. Makes it a pain if sloppy.

9. gary s.

gary s. Elite Refuge Member

in talking to Cory at RDC last week. they are making a new lighter full body honker, speck and lesser this year. cutting over a pound off each decoy with the new material. they just keep getting better and better. Cory never stops trying to make the best in the country.

10. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

all very true but ....
    Good luck , all goose decoys except lessors are sold out till June .... they haven't figured out they need two separate crews one for geese , one for turkeys ... I guess it's one way to sell your product even when you loose customers ... If Replica had a website to order from it would be much easier and sales would increase ... DSD obviously dosnt care if they loose a few customers ... I'd like to say I'm done with them but I do love their decoys , and have a hard time switching to Replica ...