How to Contact RDC

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Aggie9, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Specktacular

Specktacular Senior Refuge Member

I own both DSD's and RDC's. The RDC's are every bit as realistic as the DSD's. My RDC's are holding up better in the paint dept as well. The only drawback for me on the RDC's is the weight. A 12-slot back filled with a doz is just too damn heavy for me to be lugging around in the field. If they come out with a lighter decoy, it will be a game-changer. I honestly don't understand the DSD groupies pimping those decoys when there's no way they're any more realistic than RDC's and never seem to be available unless you've had your name on the waiting list for 2 yrs. Funny how guys like to make themselves feel better after dropping money on expensive gear by telling themselves and others that their **** is the best--even though it ain't necessarily true.

brentbullets and Aggie9 like this.
  2. gary s.

gary s. Elite Refuge Member

THE NEW RDC. FULL BODY IS OVER 1 LBS. LIGHTER. CORY LISTEN TO YOU GUYS AND IS GETTING IT DONE. HE NEVER STOPS MAKING NEW THINGS BETTER. NONE OF YOU HAVE SEEN IN PERSON,THE NEW TURKEY DECOYS HE HAS CARVER AND FINISHED, THEY LOOK GREAT. (COMING OUT SOON.) I'M WITH SPECKTACULAR. DAVE SMITH IS NOT THE ONLY HIGH QUALITY DECOY MAKER IN TOWN ANYMORE. I.M.O.

3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

We sold the last of our poly 05/06 Hardcores in March. Our intention was to sell our original DSD's also. Since the DSD's were not available I was gong to try 4 each of the DOA and RDC's. I ended up with 4 RDC's
    The RDC's are a fine decoy and a good value from what Ive seen. However the first time out I had paint from the heads release.
    Not a problem, I Am not complaining. Just a fact. I bag those 4 and haul them into the spread by the tie strings/extra slack in the bag
    If someone had $2000 to spend on decoy spread in most situations I would say would suggest the RDC's over DSD's. However if I was hunting small groups of geese or in tight areas and 6 decoys work,. Well Im still going with DSD's. And that may be my situation in the next few years only hunting spring flows.
    However there is ABSOLUTLEY no-way RDC's have the same realism as DSD's.

I bought new larger individual bags from Cleaner, $3.05 each. Between us we have 18 ACE decoys The DSD bags are perfect for double bagging (without hose legs).

"Funny how guys like to make themselves feel better after dropping money on expensive gear by telling themselves and others that their **** is the best--even though it ain't necessarily true"

While that may be true for some. There is a practical option also
    My family is on a tight budget. Spending money on quality gear is painful, but a choice. Ive personally dropped over 800 geese above my DSD's, Some with hand loads. However the last of the shells Im shooting are marked $6.25 a box. My Christmas gift this year from my wife were $99.00 a case shells from Rodgers.
    The contractor tools in my shop are Milwaukee, and Skil and 40plus year old Craftsman( no Snap-on in our town at the time). No longer a contractor I by Ryobi or Kobalt but I still have those Craftsman tools.

4. Specktacular

Not sure what species you're talking about. I have no experience with their honker dekes, just the specks But I can tell you that I've landed birds in both and the live birds are harder to pick out in the RDC's than they are in the DSD's. I'm not arguing with you on the budget gear--just that guys like to make themselves feel better by claiming their expensive stuff is better than the other expensive stuff out there when they don't even have/use the other stuff. Personally, I'm not on anyone's "Pro-staff" and have no reason to give other than an honest review. I own both and have hunted over both and my observations are just that--mine.

Spencer5100 likes this.
  5. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I was referring to the honkers.
    I will agree with what Gary mentioned. about the improvement road in the decoy market that Cory has run

I had Bigfoots and Higdon decoys in the late 90's early 2000's
    The early 'eggshell" hardcores were impressive for their time. And it seems We ended up with only the best poly HC We have 3 or 4 out of 14 dozen that lost paint

I wish the poly molds would be used with the new material.

6. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

Just fyi. I recently received a pm from Brad at DSD stating they will be offering a one piece honker decoy this summer.

7. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

So the RDC's are heavy , they cant be as heavy as my DSD hard sides , the honkers are stupid heavy , and I can carry 12 lessors in one bag for aways , they are heavy though ...... I agree DSD have the best poses but it makes no difference if you cant get them when you need them... As far as the old DSD specks , yeah Id bet they look like crap compared to the RDC .... IMO they were not that good and why I dont own any .... The new ones look great but cant get any till July .. so Im going to RDC , its obvious DSD could care less about loyalty , it really is just about money for them now ....

8. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

Dude, we get it, you're not happy with DSD.

Wareagle1 likes this.
  9. Specktacular

Dude, we get it, you're DSD "Pro-staff." :fp:fp

10. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

Dude, we get it, you're the artist formerly known as Green is Gold.

And DSD doesn't have a pro-staff.