Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

How to Make Home-ECaller Step by Step

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by juviesoup, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Cliner

Cliner Senior Refuge Member

So even after taking all wiring from the speaker to the amp and getting power from 2 different types of sources, I still can't get sound from the horns. I've got myself all messed up now.

Attached Files:

2. YanktonSquid

YanktonSquid Senior Refuge Member

Might be a dumb question, but what is the Ohm output of the amp and what is the Ohm rating of the speakers you are using?

3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

I have no idea what could be the issue.

I hate to say this but you might be better off just scrapping that amp and switching to the one in this thread, I think we can all assist you a whole lot better through using one of those.

4. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Ok just for testing, use one speaker. Its not good to run it long with just one, but its fine for test. Make sure you have the pos and neg setup correctly for just the one speaker.

I found the manual online, double check this is how you have one hooked up.

Attached Files:

• amp.jpg
      amp.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  5. Cliner

This is what I am going to do Friday night. Start basic and move up from there. I may have gotten ahead of myself trying to connect 4 horns right out of the gate. Now my SD card isn't being read by the amp. This is so annoying.

6. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Hmm... that's not good. Tip there, if you plan to have multiple sounds on your SD card, copy them in order of how you want them to be listed. If, if you copy over sound abc.mp3 first, then abcd.mp3 second, pressing 1 on the player will correspond to abc.mp3. Took me a long damn time to figure that out.

7. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

I am on my second Pyle amp that has giving me fits with the "hi-of-low" bottom. Both of them are touchy and seem to cut in and out and cause distorted sound. Anyone else having that problem?

8. Cliner

Thanks for the heads up!

9. Killn snows

Killn snows New Member

My experience...I don't break the copper tab, i just use one outlet per channel. You can then have each speaker have a male plug and use 2 speakers per channel one top one bottom of the outlet.

10. Cliner

I think the problem my amp. Even direct wiring speaker to amp is not producing sound. At one point it did produce sound so I wonder if it drew too much power some time. Even when changing from aux to SD card, it shuts it off