Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

How to Make Home-ECaller Step by Step

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by juviesoup, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Cliner

Cliner Senior Refuge Member

I'm going to try, hopefully they'll take it back

2. Cliner

Alright. Round 2 with a new amp. Just so I know I'm correct, where should I cut this power strip, pink or blue? After splitting the power cord, how do I determine which is +\-

Attached Files:

3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Cliner, why don't you just buy an amp that is ready to rock 12v right off the bat?

4. Cliner

Hindsight, that would have been optimal

5. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Be a whole lot easier, but basically cut it as close to the black deal in between both your lines on the blue line side. You'll have to extend the wires then to get to your battery more than likely.

6. swifthunter

swifthunter New Member

Think my old amp is fried and looking at some of the ones on here, but was thinking of using a car deck. Is there any advantage one way or the other of an amp vs deck? I have 4 50 watt horn speakers I want to run

7. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

swift; ive got both I think there is very little difference in the sound BUT ITS A BUNCH EASIER TO HOOK UP THE WIRES IN THE RADIOS IMO. [HATE THOSE LITTLE TABS andwires ON THE MINI AMPS.] one thing to watch I've got a Boss that shuts all the way off when u stop the power very unhandy.ony use for crows. just did a 4 amp box with 4 lepai amps with that tripath super good sound but I found hard to wire with the tabs. I think if I personally were getting a single call id buy it from juvie. he's helped[taught] all of us a bunch

8. ten times better

cliner if I understand your ? split your wires DON'T CONNECT TO THE CALL TILLYOUR SURE OF + OR- . connect wires to the battery even a small mojo is enough take your tester and place th red inside the adapter and touch your black to the outside if it reads a positive 6 or 12 volt then u have them both on the right posts if u read a negative 12 or 6 you've wired wrong and reverse I hope this helps so you don't fry the amps.

9. ten times better

cliner FORGOT id cut down by the plug in leave the wire to work with. ps if u don't have a tester they r cheaper than amps.I always test I don't trust the Chinese. [ this is 1 more reason I don't like the mini amps] if your using radios u have to wire the red and yellow together to bypass the key.

10. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I place a knot in the positive wire, so I know I hook it up properly in the dark. If hooked up backwards, you will fry the amp. Check the plug going into the amp. Usually the center post is positive, but you will want to make sure on the wiring diagram to be positive.