Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

How to Make Home-ECaller Step by Step

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by juviesoup, Feb 3, 2015.

1. wkochevar

wkochevar Senior Refuge Member

I don't see how the sd card helps in this case. I like to be able to scan through my sounds on the MP3 if I need to change it and sometimes with birds over head if they hang up. I'm not sure how you could do that without opening up the box and then maybe not even then. 2 inexpensive MP3's that can be charged from the 12v in my pickup always has me in the sound game. a fully charged MP3 will run pretty much all day anyway...the battery for the amp is the bigger issue.

2. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

If you get a D or even better, a T class amp, you will have no battery issues.

3. River Rat 33

River Rat 33 Refuge Member

Juvie, this thread just keeps getting better and better:tu:tu:tu

I have all the parts now just need to assemble, but just so I'm clear could you post more about cutting the copper on the 120v plug or maybe some pics??

4. wkochevar

wkochevar Senior Refuge Member

I agree. my amp battery has never run out but does get a nightly charging (an AGM). I have never had an MP3 run out unless I'm into the 2nd day without a charge...then a quick switch keeps me going. Regardless, nightly charging should be on everyone's To Do list

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  5. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

The battery listed on the first page will run this unit non stop all day if need be.

6. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Put one together yesterday. Like it a lot. The amp is great. Thanks for the info.

7. juviesoup

No problem!

[​IMG]

This is done to separate your channels coming off the amp, same thing you would do to an outlet in your house if you wanted one of them switched.

8. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

can be had at walmarts ready to go amp speakers and cable [only 6'] i used the pyle nice sound very small and i forgot a good remote mine works at 20 - 25 ft runs all day on 2 well used mojo batteries wired together to make a 12volt. only problem speakers r crome had to paint.

9. uscg gunny

uscg gunny New Member

Thanks juviesoup for a great thread, just a few question

1. could you use a reg 25-50 foot outdoor 2 wire ext.cord on each speaker then splice them together on one plug to run two speakers then do the same on the other plug to have a 4 speaker caller? or would you need a preamp to make it louder running 4 speakers.this way you would have coated wires instead of the small speaker wire?

2. do you think a 25-50 feet 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Cable from mp3 to amp to where you can hook up power of a deep cycle batt. that's running a roto mach. or would it be to long of a cable to get the proper sound or some feed back through the speakers?

how hard would it be to make it remote?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  10. juviesoup

1. Absolutely. Just using the wire that comes with the speakers themselves you can strip and splice together into a male plug, if your wanting to run the speakers out from the caller extension cords will work. However, if you get too long of a run your going to start sacrificing sound quality. I'm no sound expert but think along the line of Voltage Drop, the further you get from the source the less power your going to have. I see what your saying though about having thicker wire, good idea. You'll still have to use some of the speaker wire though I think.

2. Not totally sure what you mean by this. Are you saying something along the lines of wanting too run your mp3 player in your blind 25-50 feet away? If so, that is doable, one of my very first ecallers incorporated this idea. I can't remember if the sound quality decreased or not but for $10 you might as well try it.
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product?se...4&cadevice=c&gclid=COz73MTY_MMCFRckgQodvBIA4g

If your running a rotary with a Car battery I don't see any problem with running the caller off the same battery, should be fine, but I've not tried this either. I would think you'd be A OK.

As far as a remote goes, adding one is simple with just a little wiring. Here are two examples you could use,

http://www.amazon.com/iMBAPrice®-He...TF8&qid=1424853569&sr=8-1&keywords=12v+remote

http://www.amazon.com/12Vmonster-un...TF8&qid=1424853569&sr=8-2&keywords=12v+remote

Bonce likes this.