Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

How to Make Home-ECaller Step by Step

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by juviesoup, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

The rotary motor may create "hum" in your amp and downgrade the quality of the sound produced. I would never do it. You can buy 12V 9AH SLA batteries for about $27 shipped right to your door. When you consider what you'd have in cost for wire and plugs, plus the sound degradation, it's not worth it.

2. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

I've purchased the remote in the 1st link that juviesoup posted and have had good luck with them.

I use them on my homemade butt splashers for duck hunting and got 2 of them wet and they stopped working.

But in the snow goose situation, I've had about 6 or so of them and no issues with them.

I also use a audio cable between amp and blind so the ecaller box isn't sitting next to my blind. Its worked fine for me.

Another tip for those with mp3 players:
    If you want to be able to charge your mp3 player out in the field, just purchase a cigarette socket and wire it into your e-caller battery or vortex. Get one of those cigarette USB plugs and you are good to go with your charging cable for mp3 player. This also allows you to charge your cell phone too which is a big plus when long days and short nights keep your cell phone on short life :tu

3. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

walmart has a kit [amp sd ready, 2speakers and the remote]just add the 12 volt battery and sd card your in bussiness . the remote works 20 to 25 ft depending on the battery i ran 2amps and 4 speakers on 2 old mojo 6v wired together [12v] all day till we got the 12inches of snow. real compact and a good and powerful sound. with a stereo card your running 2 sounds out of each amp.ps both motes ran both amps.

4. uscg gunny

uscg gunny New Member

Thanks for the help juviesoup

ordered most my parts to make one.

CPLZ, I had thought about that also the big batt. causing a hum so I got the smaller batt to put in the main box.

CamoHunter870, how long of a audio cable between amp and blind did you use?

5. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

How long do the batteries usually last? Not between charges but life expectancy? I order the stuff to make 2 of them as I already have the speakers, plugs, MP3s and whatnot. I like the light weight batteries, got real sick of lugging the deep cycles all over. Thanks for posting!

6. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

Ours are going on their 2nd or 3rd season I believe. Biggest thing you can do to help keep their longevity going is to store them inside during the off season and periodically charge them throughout the year. Luckily the things are relatively cheap when it does come time to replace them.

7. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

I believe mine are between 5 and 10 ft long so not too long actually. Didn't get longer because of the cost were I was getting them at (RadioShack)

8. uscg gunny

uscg gunny New Member

thanks camohunter870 also a good tip on the lighter plug

the link juviesoup gave on the cable will come in handy,like he said for $10 it's worth a try.

9. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

Orders have been placed to build another ecaller. Thanks for all the tips and advice.

10. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

i think i used plmca30 i believe i dont know where u get just the amp there are chinese amps but real tender where u hook up the speakers