Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

How to Make Home-ECaller Step by Step

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by juviesoup, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

It's all about charging. If you store the battery in direct contact with the ground or put a discharged battery away for 9 months and don't hook it up and charge it every couple of months, don't expect it to be much good the second season. If however, you put it on a good charger (this is the one I use, it automatically detects 6 or 12 volt battery, and is actually a battery maintainer. I have 5 of them in my garage) and keep it charged all the time, up off the ground, they'll last several years.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-XM1-5-Maintainer-1.5-Amp/15140193[​IMG]

2. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

3. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

The only potential issue is that bluetooth has a very limited range, in some cases single digit feet. For wireless, the only reliable solution is RF (Radio Frequency) devices.

4. uscg gunny

uscg gunny New Member

If you run the screws in you can take a pair of side cutters or needle nose pliers and bend the copper back and forth and it break leaving a wider gap.

Attached Files:

5. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

Check out SOL Republic speakers as they are the best I've found as far as Bluetooth range. About $150 for the bigger unit and good battery life which is a wee bit $$.

I haven't purchased one and went to Best Buy last week but their way to test them didn't work so I don't know how much volume they put out.

Going try to see the volume on them sometime as I'd like to in cooperate them into my field and water set. Got a idea up my shelve for the water set I'd like to try with them :dv

6. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

I was asked to stick this. If anyone objects, let me know.

7. cripple

cripple Senior Refuge Member

How's the volume on these mini amps looking to add another system to the spread and not sure i wanna buy another one for 300+

8. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

Can go as loud as a guy would ever need too with these. Your buying just an amp for 300+? Or an entire Ecaller?

9. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Some of the cheap car amps have SD card readers. I transferred my snow geese files onto it, and it stays in the amp. One less thing to worry about and it works perfectly.

[​IMG] In a Cabelas dry box, I have my 12V battery (will run at least 4 hours at high volume), my 4x45 car amp, which shows the SD card inserted in it, and I have a remote control for the unit in the foam to the left of the amp. The amp also takes USB sticks, so you have lots of versatility, and no need for a seperate sound source. I throw the 4 speakers in a small decoy bag for the field.

10. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

Looks nice and compact!