How to ruin your game

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by SP1187, Dec 13, 2005.

1. 733SubDucker

733SubDucker Elite Refuge Member

i have no problem with using cream o' mushroom soup for a weekday meal when i'm busy. i'm not too much of a foody to look down on anything that allows familys to share in not only the consumption but the preparation of a meal in the midst of hectic everyday life.

2. rockjawjohnny

rockjawjohnny Senior Refuge Member

I was at this Chicago style Italian restaraunt the other day and the appetizer was a cream soup made with prime rib and mushrooms. That ***** was delicous!

3. tomturkey

tomturkey Elite Refuge Member

Other than goose I cook all my wild game with no seasionings what so ever.

I guess I am odd as I like to taste what I have harvested for what it is. Not marinated in italian dressing which I dispise in the first place or smothered in crap to cover the taste mother nature gave it..

Goose is another thing. I cut it in strips and marinate in BBQ sauce for 5/7 days before I cook it. I luckily came on this method as I couldn't find any one to take the ones I shot and was going to quit hunting them if I couldn't eat them.

4. Lilly's Dad

Lilly's Dad Senior Refuge Member

I hunted with a goose club a couple weeks ago and one of the guys brought some goose breasts that had been brined and lightly smoked. They were cooked to about medium rare, chilled and sliced very thin. That and a couple martini's made the trip. It did not taste like beef, chicken or anything else, the brine was subtle enough to allow the flavor to come through, and it was delicious.

I tried it myself after the trip and failed miserably... back to the drawing board, but I'm all out of goose!

5. Louie

Louie Senior Refuge Member

WOW:eek: this has become the Mushroom Soup WARS :tu cool.

6. 1GRN_HD

1GRN_HD Elite Refuge Member

Mushroom soup rules!!! :yes

Haven't any of you guys had green bean casserole? :l

7. sjemac

sjemac Moderator

Yep, tasted it twice. The first time it was going down. The second time was 5 minutes later when it came back up.:dv

8. OkieHunter&Three

OkieHunter&Three Senior Refuge Member

Mushroom soup is just plain nasty, and will never take place of a good made from scratch sauce:tu