How to set up for specks and snows

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by WillDeal, Dec 23, 2017.

1. WillDeal

WillDeal Refuge Member

D30B5467-1BB1-4590-8BDB-8CB3CAD8F6B1.jpeg Looking for suggestion on how to set this up for snows and specks. Facing nw from the blind. Location west ky

2. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

In CA I find that no flyers, rotatries, etc. work best in getting specks to commit. IMG_2655.JPG IMG_2675.JPG
    Couple pictures from last weekend. Had a couple quick guests on Sunday so shot an extra 5 specks on Sunday. Where we hunt limit is 3 per day, we had 4 hunters plus dad and his son popped in once we got our specks on Sunday. No flyers or rotaries were used. Saturday's picture is missing some specks that were already tossed in the tub. I also have moved more to whites and away from layouts unless weather dictates layouts. Saturday we had our 12 specks in less than hour, were landing specks in the decoys. If we would have been 5 miles west or south we could have legally shot 10 each which would have been a piece of cake.

3. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

Ca , specifically the NV is absolutely loaded with Specks and Snows (millions) maybe not but I watched wave after wave of snows and specks fly over me Sun non stop for 3 hrs...been like this for a few months .... makes me sick . Limits like CA Birdman are the norm if you have a place to hunt them near the rice , because you'll never shoot a bunch of birds like that on the public lands available for us guys that don't have 3k for seat in the rice ... Not saying it can't happen or hasn't but its rare ...