How Was Your Snipe Hunting?

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Floridaboy, May 30, 2002.

1. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

This past season it seemed that the snipe hunting was as bad as the duck hunting, at least in North Florida.

How was it where you are?

2. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

I found a few hot spots holding some. But it was slower than years past. Hopefully they will be down in force this year. They will make anyone look bad.:D

3. D Duck

D Duck Moderator Moderator

Found tons of Snipe. Only problem is that everyone else found them too.:(

I think with the fair to poor duck hunting around here, most guys gave in to snipe hunting earlier in the season than normal. By the time I started chasing the little buggers most were shot out. I had cases where a field of 200 birds would get up and leave when you were still 50 yards or more away. Too much hunting pressure.

4. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

During out SDH hunt/get-together I lead some of the boys to a decent snipe spot. We had a great time and missed alot of snipe.:D

5. D Duck

You talking about Hatbill? There are some great areas there if you're willing to work a little. Even managed to find some great concentrations of birds there the last weekend of season - enough to get 4 limits. But we had to work for 'em. :D

6. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

It wasn't actually Hatbill............the water was still a little to high by that time. We were off Salt Lake and found some drained areas that were still a bit wet. The snipe were in there pretty thick. Problem was that it wasn't that big.

7. D Duck

I know where you are talking about.