1. DuckMan62

DuckMan62 New Member

Been duck hunting since I was a teenager and back in those days lead was the norm. Me and my pal would do a lot of jump shooting on ponds near the local river. With some degree of luck, once we had bagged a duck or two we would either hunt over them or try to retrieve our birds with sticks and such. Other areas we had great success killing blue bills, fast flyers and fun to shoot. Back then they were pretty thick as we chased them from big open pond to the next before they caught on and left for the day.

In sloughs we built make shift blinds out of whatever material was around. I bagged my first banded Mallard when I was solo hunting, called him in as he too was by himself and liked what he heard. Didn't have to go after him as he landed at my feet on dry land too. Yeah it was usually three of us that went duck hunting the most together. We tried this one creek that was full of wood ducks as the acorns were plentiful that year and so where the woodies. As word spread about our hunting so did the pressure and soon others found out about our little honey hole.

I live in Missouri now and have had some good hunts here as well. from Ted Shanks to private lands and all places in between. Duck hunting was and still is a big part of my life. As I have gotten older I just don't get out as much as I used to.

Thanks for listening and happy hunting.

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard! Looks like ya already hit the ground running. :tu

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome to the Refuge! Sounds like you'll have some good stories to share.

4. DuckMan62

DuckMan62 New Member

Thanks everyone, glad to be here.