hows yalls

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by woodiesmacker, Jan 6, 2006.

1. woodiesmacker

woodiesmacker Elite Refuge Member

seasons going?

2. baysculler

baysculler Senior Refuge Member

If ya really wanna know i guess ill tell ya! Well herez the scoop in Eureka, all the birds that were here in the beginning of the season have moved down south so there are absolutely now birds up here to go after!:cry Im gettn kinda mad:mad: But ya the geese should be commn in mid january (so almost) So my count on birds so far is

Ducks= (counting coots) 75
    geese= (honkers and aluetians) 25

so not too bad for how long our season has been open~ i hope it all starts getting back in the groove of things quick or ill go CRAZY:z

3. woodiesmacker

just wondering how many of them "ducks" were coots?

4. andrewoneill

andrewoneill Senior Refuge Member

could have been much better. Lots of birds were around here we really didn't put in much time scouting or preparing and got skunked more than anything, had a few limit hunts. Also as soon as deer season opened my dad didn't even think about waterfowl until it closed, So I didn't see one hunt from the last week of November til about Christmas. All in all we ended up with 19 geese and 9 ducks. Hope we are more prepared next season

5. IAsnow goose

IAsnow goose Elite Refuge Member

Our season closes Sunday....Shot 30 somethin' geese and a handful of mallards.....only shot ducks when they were dumb enough to come into the goose spread....Not a bad season, but not the best either....

6. baysculler

To answer your Q. woodiesmacker,
    ducks=60
    coots=15

but our season closes sometime in feb. so i still got some time to way lay at em'. Not to mention the junior hunts.....brant.....ducks.....geese. man i cant wait!:grvn

7. woodiesmacker

how many duck hunts you go on for them 60 ducks?

8. duckboy007

duckboy007 Elite Refuge Member

Remember steven, they get like 107 days of season. You know how mine is going, ****ty. I've only killed 21 ducks. EXTREMELY poor. I don't think that I will have the opportunity to kill a limit this season. On a 1-10, this year MAY be a 1.5. THere's just no water, so there arent' any ducks.

9. baysculler

lemme just say QUITE A FEW!! i cant give u an exact # but ya. ive been goin after and before school so that helps

10. HunterRed33

HunterRed33 Senior Refuge Member

We don't have as much water as we usually do at this time of year. The lakes are down about 4 1/2 feet low. Some of them are 10. :eek: So all we have are teal and shovelers right now. Not too many around though. So far I got 66 ducks and 0 geese. Haven't hardly seen any geese either. Hopefully the teal and shovs will hold up for us another 3 weeks until our duck season ends.