Hoyt or Matthews?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by easternshorerednek, Apr 15, 2007.

1. hailcall

hailcall Elite Refuge Member

I did shoot one and it was fast but not my style I didn't care for the wall and the valley before you hit the wall. Still a Mathews guy but if they were out of Business Ross would be my next choice then Hoyt,

2. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker Elite Refuge Member

I may be wrong on this, but isn't the Ross guy a former engineer/designer for Mathews?? I heard that he is the guy that designed the Switchback line. I could be wrong though. I looked at some Ross bows yesterday and was very impressed. Now there's a fourth party in my hunt for a bow as well...haha.

3. hailcall

hailcall Elite Refuge Member

I think I have heard something along those lines also. I donot know if it is true or not though, Ross Bows are very nice WinnersChoice strings on every bow, Good Solid Wall, nice comfortable grip and quiet as any other. They were last I looked better on the wallet as well. Good Luck in your choice. Enjoy the sport its a rush,

4. K Dunk

K Dunk Refuge Member

WOW!!! This is the most civilized Mathews vs. Hoyt conversation I think I've seen:p

I shoot a Mathews Swithback and really enjoy it, especially after stepping up from an old PSE Mach 6. It shoots real smooth, quiet, and seems to be about as accurate as a bow can be when in my hands...

With that being said, I shot a 3-D event last week with a guy shooting a Hoyt Vetrix and was really impressed with his bow. It seemed to be a little quicker then my bow as his pins were all very close together. That makes it nice if you have a harder time guessing yardage since you will still be hitting foam even if you happen to guess slightly wrong.

So to answer your qustion....shoot as many bows as you can and whatever feels best to you go for it. Also, you get what you pay for. If you can afford a higher end bow then go for it. If not, you can still get some real quality equipment that does not say "Mathews" or "Hoyt" on it.

Don't think this post helped you at all....but those are my thoughts on the subject:sp

5. Spanky03

Spanky03 Elite Refuge Member

I am fairly new to bowhunting myself. I shot a PSE when I was kid with my Dad. I am now getting back into bowhunting and 3Ds. I went out and held and shot alot of bows and even though it was more expensive than I wanted to pay, it felt great and I shoot it so consistantly, against what my wallet said I went with a Switchback. I'll let you know at the end of deer season if it paid for itself.

6. ghak99

ghak99 Elite Refuge Member

Isn't that what the Refuge is known for.......Civilized conversations???:l

7. Josh B

Josh B Elite Refuge Member

Just bought a Mathews Drenalin. All I can say is :tu :tu :tu :tu

EXCELLENT bow!

Josh

8. Stranglehold

Stranglehold Senior Refuge Member

Your thoughts on the Parker Bows? More importantly the Frontier and Hornet models. ARC and EZ cam systems? Thanks for any input.

9. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Check out Renegade also.

10. kjrice

kjrice Elite Refuge Member

Another I would add to the list is High Country. Between the three mfgers you will find something that will make you very happy.