Hoyt or Matthews?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by easternshorerednek, Apr 15, 2007.

1. cali_goose2

cali_goose2 Refuge Member

i shoot a matthews Legacy and have had nothing but good things come out of it, well unless i drop my bow arm once or twice on a nice buck. but both really good bows, you also might wanna try out the new Darton bows. just a bit heavy but really fast and quiet.

2. GreenHead Crazy

GreenHead Crazy Senior Refuge Member

I have nothing bad to say about either bow. I shot a Mathews Legacy for the last five years and loved it. Never had a problem with it and shot several animals with it.. Great bow. A buddy shoots a "Switch Back" and loves it.

I recently bought a "Hoyt Vectrix XL" I love the bow. Very smooth and fast. It is shooting 297 with a 340, 28.5-inch Axis Arrow, with a 30-inch draw. My Mathews was shooting 285 with the same set up. I love the Hoyt but the Legacy was easier to tune..

Based on having both, I think I like the Hoyt just a little bit better.. 6 one way, Half a dozen the other..

Just my two cents,, good luck!! :tu

3. KY Honker

KY Honker Senior Refuge Member

like em both but Hoyt is lil faster, but Mathews is lil smoother and softer shooting and draw cycle is lil better in my opinion.

4. knees

knees Elite Refuge Member

I tried both before settling on the Mathews last year. They both shot great, but I felt like the Mathews was a little more forgiving for me and just a little smoother. Shoot several bows before deciding, but you won't go wrong with either.

5. olbarney

olbarney Senior Refuge Member

GET A BOWTECH TRIBUTE ! NICER THEN ANY HOYT AND FASTER THEN MOST MATTHEWS !:dv

6. The Hilljack

The Hilljack Elite Refuge Member

Bowtech Guardian.

I don't have one. I shoot a Bowtech Allegiance that my wife bought me for a wedding present. Go shoot a Guardian. It's weird looking. But this bow is fast...absolutely SILENT and 0.000 recoil (hand shock). It has a long brace height, Binary cam system which is a really nice feature. All dual cam bows have a master cam and a slave cam. The Binary cams are tied to each other. Any string stretch is split equally keeping the bow in tune. (String stretch ins't much of a problem) The Guardian has won just about every bow-bow shootout in the archery magazines. You'll see the riser/limb configuration in other manufacturers bows in a few years.:yes

7. boondoggle

boondoggle Elite Refuge Member

Although Mudgun is a pink Crocs pro-staffer, he's dead on with the Guardian comments. I tried a few Bowtechs on a few years ago and they just didn't fit me. Based on that experience, I didn't even shoot the Guardian when I bought my Drenalin back in Feb. I realized the error of my ways last week when I shot one. It's a fine bow that would not have required me to buy an after-market torqueless grip. I'm not going to get rid of my tweeked Drenalin but I'll look hard at a Bowtech next time.

8. honga

honga Senior Refuge Member

Try the Parker...they make good bows.

9. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

If you have never had a bow before, I would look for a good quality used bow. Save the $. After you have shot for a year or so & decide you want more, you will have much more knowledge & feel when it comes to picking a bow. At this point, much of the finer points will be understood.

10. Merganser Sluicer

Merganser Sluicer Elite Refuge Member

Hoyt.

:tu