Hoyt or Matthews?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by easternshorerednek, Apr 15, 2007.

1. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

Try em both, but for the $$ I like Hoyts

2. G.Loomisman

G.Loomisman Elite Refuge Member

I've shot hoyt for about 10 yrs. Great bows. I shot a drenaline the other day. Its nice but I dont think either the hoyt or mathews compare to the bowtec allegence. Freakin smooth shooting bow.

3. Matt H

Matt H Elite Refuge Member

It's really hard to buy a bad bow these days. The engineers over the years have made improvements in technology that are mind blowing. Don't get all caught up in the marketing. The sales guy will tell you need this thingy and that thingy to kill a deer. Alot of it, but not all, is bunk.

Alot of the "B" bows out there are using technology a few years old. A few years ago that technology was the end all beat all by the big bow makers. All of the sudden the big guys come out with something new and that old stuff which was the shizzle last year, now won't kill a cat.........:mad:

Ross
    Darton
    Liberty
    Martin
    Parker
    Bear
    High country
    Hoyt ( my fav )
    Reflex ( which is to Hoyt what Buel is to Harley )
    Matthews
    Bowtech
    PSE
    Browning ( Not sure if they make thier own bows or they are manufactures brand)

You just can't hardly buy a bad one these days. I wonder what you'd get if you called a manufacture and asked what their warranty return rate was. I bet dealers would tell you befor ethe manufactures would.

4. Big Tex

Big Tex Senior Refuge Member

Matthews for me....Just bought a new Drenalin and tested the Hoyts among many others before buying. The Hoyt was a great bow but the Matthews just felt better/smoother in my hands. As a lover of sports cars the analogy I had at the time is the Hoyt felt like driving a porsche (fast but a little raw) while the Matthews was the SL class mercedes (fast and smooth).:l

All comes down to what feels best in your hands.