Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

hug your youngun's

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by birdartist, Jul 15, 2008.

1. fonesplicr

fonesplicr Senior Refuge Member

Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Prayers for a complete healing for your little one!

2. Silver Wings

Silver Wings Elite Refuge Member

3. USHUNTER

USHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

Twelve years ago, I was at the hospital watching the birth of my son - Georgie. When he was born, the doctor said to me "Congratulations Daddy, you have a son, but Daddy...." My mind raised until I looked closely then I heard her say, "he has a cleft lip and palate." When I looked at my newborn son with a gaping hole normally where there is a seperation between his mouth and nose...I almost fainted. (This is very hard to admit).

I raced out of the room and ran to my parents crying my eyes out...I was a wreck because I never even contemplated the thought of my child "Not being born healthy." My wife and I went through some real lows. He was born with four (4) birth defects which all were tied to the next. Over the years, he went through surgery after surgery, each time becoming better and better.

What I want to tell you is this...everything will be fine. As soon as I read your thread, my heart went out to you and your family. Wrap your arms around each other and know that tomorrow will come and all will be ok.

Today, my son is incredible and hunts with me all the time. Its been a struggle but I wouldn't change a thing. Just this past summer, he went through another surgery - they took a piece of bone from his hip and grafted it into his jaw to finally close the cleft.

[​IMG]

This is him, he's 12 now...he was 11 yrs. old here out on a seaduck hunt. He took a buck when he was 7 yrs. old.

Hang in there...I believe that the Lord gives special people special problems for a reason....

4. Mike Enright

Mike Enright Elite Refuge Member

Blake,
    Your entire family and especially your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. I have a nephew that developed a heart problem at age 8 months, requiring him to be hospitalized at Boston Childrens Hospital. He was on medication to make his heart beat stronger and to reduce fluid retension, for the first twelve years of his life. He then had a major heart surgery to correct his problem. My nephew is now 26 years old and has served our country proudly as a United States Marine. Miracles do happen so stay strong. It is incredible what medical technology is capable of today. You will get beyond this.:tu

Mike

5. barbelly

barbelly Senior Refuge Member

We will keep you in our prayers too. God bless

6. fowldreams

fowldreams Elite Refuge Member

God bless you all.

7. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Senior Refuge Member

Prayers being sent!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

8. Bamawebfoot

Bamawebfoot Moderator