Huge Mistake

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by goose knuckle, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badbullgator

Badbullgator Senior Refuge Member

Wow you are a true work aren't you? Anyone who disagrees with you gets trashed and you have to resort to name calling. Class act. Class act.

Your pretty big talking crap about people you don't know. That makes your story about this trainer even harder to believe. I think your a pathetic little man who hides behind a keyboard and whines that things don't go his way. It is always somebody else to blame. One sided stories are never truth.

2. pals

pals New Member

ding ding ding............

I must go shower, the mud is drying. Now wherever did I leave my new crocheted shower cap?? Hmmmm......right next to my latest addition of "How to spot a p**** on the internet" (nothing to do with you Gray everything to do with the gang of IBs)

;)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. LGray

LGray New Member

Never said it was a secret. Just that it was a waste of my time. And to think I started to feel sorry for you. Now I just feel sorry for the poor guy that is having to train the dog for you now.

4. EvanG

EvanG Elite Refuge Member

This thread just doesn't know the end is, does it?

EvanG

5. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

knuckle, given that your lack of interest in continuing only lasted a few minutes...any response to the claimed correspondence after you picked your dog up?

Did you talk to the trainer after your dog came home?

6. WAB3

WAB3 Senior Refuge Member

Getting a dog to perform is partly about training but it is also largely dependent on the relationship between dog and handler. The dog can be trained to an AA level and win an open with the pro and refuse to do anything for the owner. Why is that? Some dogs will run for anyone. Some dogs only have that relationship with one person and that person is sometimes the trainer. It doesn't matter how much training the pro does, sometimes the owner takes the dog home and he looks like he's never had a day of training. It's not because he wasn't trained, it's because the dog only wants to do the tasks for the one that taught him to do it.

I've seen this many times. This is why I would never train dogs for money. People pay money and expect the dog will run for them.

Good luck,
    Bill

BTW Nancy, last year you directed me to Rolling Hills Russell's. Love my little Russell. At 5 months he broke out of the truck and stole the bird from a running dog in a Q. Ran a Q at 5 months:l

7. goose knuckle

goose knuckle Senior Refuge Member

I did talk to him maybe 3 days after I picked him up. He acted surprised and assured me everything was done. All lies. That was the last correspondence we had.

8. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

nope...good refuge off season stuff...

gooseknuckle,,,was it a silver lab??

9. eze

eze Senior Refuge Member

Yes, sounds like maybe you should send your dog to a trainer if your having such problems with a puppy that are very very basic issues. My pup destroyed nothing but her own dog toys. They only bite a few times with those razors if they are corrected....never would have a dog my child was afraid of. They only cry for a few nights if you do the whole kennel thing right. 20 minutes a day might be a lil low on some parts of training but many days we did only 20 minutes. Great satisfaction having a lab that is regularly handled by groups of very young kids and complete strangers that I did not pay thousands to have trained and miss out on the fun puppy stages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.