Hunter Safety Card????

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by cootmeurer, Feb 28, 2019.

1. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Gents,

Bit of a unique situation. I have been coming up to NoDak since the late 90s, but this year I have a couple of friends coming over from Scotland to meet me.

I looked online and cant find the details (probably just missed it) for Hunter Safety requirements for Non Resident Aliens. I am sure it is not unheard of, surely the odd Canadian slips down and hunts.

So - can anyone point me to the chapter and verse for Hunter Safety and the Age Date for exemption??

Thanks

2. zoops

zoops Refuge Member

Probably would just be best off calling game and fish...701-328-6300

3. trashman

trashman Senior Refuge Member

In ND, its anyone born after 1961 unless you are youth or hunt only on your property. You can also use certification from your state or province if from Canada.

They have 2 other options as far as I can tell:

1. get an apprentice license and hunt with you as a licensed hunter. It's good for a year. If they ever come back to hunt ND, they would be required to have passed an actual course

2. Take an online course that is offered by another state to become certified. Missouri offers one as do a couple others. Then use that certification #

4. trashman

trashman Senior Refuge Member

correction to my last post, the Missouri online option is residents only so that wouldn't work

5. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Trashman,

Called the main office and you are correct, anyone born before 1961 doesn't need it. And online where you are asked for social or DL, an alien enters their passport. All easy peazy

Jethro48 likes this.