hunters rights

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by big beefer, Jan 8, 2007.

1. big beefer

big beefer Senior Refuge Member

you must all live in the U.S. Over here in canada we have no rights they tell us when to hunt how what to use {gun,shells,bait, what to wear, and how much fun to have. }that is what happen,s when you vote lib.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Big Beefer,

Without the NRA and a few other RKBA organizations we would be in the same boat at you!

I do not know how you can wrest your freedom from the government...:cry

David

3. Ontario Gunner

Ontario Gunner Elite Refuge Member

June 19, 2002

HERITAGE HUNTING AND FISHING ACT
    FULFILLS GOVERNMENT PROMISE
    TORONTO - A bill to recognize recreational hunting and fishing as part of the province's heritage has received third reading in the Legislature at Queen's Park, Natural Resources Minister Jerry Ouellette announced today.

The Heritage Hunting and Fishing Act fulfils the government's commitment to anglers and hunters across the province to introduce legislation that legally recognizes the right to hunt and fish in accordance with the law. At the same time, it ensures that the government can continue to manage fish and wildlife resources in a sound, sustainable manner.

"With the passage of this legislation, we are fulfilling a commitment that we made to anglers and hunters across the province, " said Ouellette. "I have been an outdoorsman all my life, and this act will help ensure that future generations have the same opportunity to enjoy hunting and fishing that I did."

Hunting and fishing played a role in the founding and settlement of the province. As well, hunters and anglers have made a significant contribution to fish and wildlife conservation and habitat restoration. The act recognizes this contribution.

The Heritage Hunting and Fishing Act will also establish the Fish and Wildlife Heritage Commission to provide advice to the Minister about a variety of fish and wildlife initiatives and to promote increased public involvement in recreational hunting and fishing and other fish and wildlife activities.

The Heritage Hunting and Fishing Act, 2002, was introduced in the Legislature in November 2001, following a 30-day public comment period when the proposed legislation was posted on the province's Environmental Bill of Rights registry. During the comment period, support for the Ontario Heritage Hunting and Fishing Act was overwhelming, with 97 per cent of respondents indicating support