Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hunting Lake Seminole

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by woodcockk, Dec 17, 2005.

1. woodcockk

woodcockk Refuge Member

Birds,Birds and more Birds up Spring Creek but no kills. These birds have become extremely smart. No birds up Fairchilds.:l

2. bbb

bbb Senior Refuge Member

Indeed the ducks are acting smart. We jumped ducks in 3 different areas, set up and they never came back. I've always had luck with them coming back. Maybe it was the weather.

The cans are everywhere out from Sealeys.

The ducks up Spring Creek have been shot out. That and the "assumption" that one boat up the creek shot their limits of redheads took them back to the landing and came back for more Saturday morning around 7:45. We saw at least 4 ducks hit the water early and all we killed in that spot was redheads. At least thats the only reason I can see to leave the blind so quickly and then return 10 minutes later. Either it was the redhead limit or maybe they downed a can. The fact that they have a Georgia sponsor DU sticker on the front of their truck and a DU license plate on their trailer really makes you scratch your head.

BTW.....Georgia DNR has your license plate and will make it a priority to check you at any landing they see you at.

3. UnklRico

UnklRico Senior Refuge Member

I really hate it when people who know better do that stuff. Maybe they just forgot to get extra shells and had to go back for them. Doubt it though.

We got a lot of new mallards Friday evening around Lake Oconee. Maybe some will move down towards you guys this week. I will be in KY for the next two weeks so someone needs to do something with my share of the birds til I get back. :tu

4. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Where are the ringnecks? I didn't see but a couple of ringers when I was down there. The place used to be infested with'em.

5. bbb

bbb Senior Refuge Member

I was out this morning. Saw maybe 30-50 ringers. Mostly cans.

South Florida is claiming to have a bunch of ringers. They may have kept migrating this year.

Buddies pond 5 miles from the lake has been holding about a thousand ringers for the last 3 weeks. Even after hunting them each Saturday they still come back strong for the next weekend.

6. d_white

d_white Senior Refuge Member

I've been on Lake Seminole all week. This is the first time I've bathed since Sunday..been too lazy and tired...only reason I came back to town was to spend some time to make sure I still have a girlfriend at the end of the week..but I'll head back down to the lake when I get done late tonight.. Canvasbacks...It's painful to sit there and watch 40 of them circle above your head and decoys at 10 yards up...then have some of them land and swim around...then wait till they fly off to go sit with real birds....been happenin all week. I have seen some people trying to bust them..I'll wait till January though. Ringers are becoming few a far between but we've managed a few. Killed some ruddy ducks the other morning. Saw some spoonies and one mallard today...but they were only close enough if you were the sky busters that sat down from us :mad:

Man I love this game.

7. WOODIE13

WOODIE13 Elite Refuge Member

I once saw some guys up in VA during the last day of season, in some nasty ice flows, shoot the he!! out of some cans, made a couple trips back to the ramp, drop off the birds to a buddy and go back out and commence to shoot some more, plus did not bother to go after any that went down in the ice. The federal wardens were watching from Hospital Point and caught their buddy with untagged cans and hit them up for over the limit X 3 and wanton waste on four accounts. Hard to argue with video.

8. woodcockk

woodcockk Refuge Member

There were alot of Can in the Fairchilds area last Sat,plus ringers. Didnt hunt this week but it sounds like if we wait until Jan we will have plenty to do. Im headed to AR for two days with my son. You all have a great Christmas

9. d_white

d_white Senior Refuge Member

DNR busted 15 boats at cummings with cans. One guy had killed 20. 20 canvasbacks at $500 fine per bird. Do the math. Glad they got him. I've seen several floating around dead too, and that's a shame. Have a Merry Christmas everybody.

10. woodcockk

woodcockk Refuge Member

Man they deserve it. There were hundreds last week. I cant believe someone is that stupid. Did very little on our part today. Ringers few and far between