Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hunting Lake Seminole

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by woodcockk, Dec 17, 2005.

1. SG-20

SG-20 Senior Refuge Member

Why don't yall put a sign on I-75 tellin folks to get in on the goat rodeo that is already in progress at an already overhunted lake! :clap

For the inbreds that got busted, good for them.

For those that have the sense not to shoot birds out of season, thank you.

For those that like to brag on where they kill birds, have some respect for those that hunt responsibly on the same waters.

This is a sore subject for me, had to vent. JW

2. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Senior Refuge Member

Hey JW, where are you hunting on Saturday morning. Though I might go out there tomorrow a.m. and give you a scouting report. :grvn

3. haphazard

haphazard Elite Refuge Member

4. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

It ain't that big of a secret! :cool: :l

5. SG-20

SG-20 Senior Refuge Member

GA, I'll have the coffee hot for ya.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :tu

6. Derek Edge

Derek Edge Senior Refuge Member

Just got in last night and after two days of hunting......nothing. The spots I hunted with good sucess last week were dry this week. Ringers were very few and far between. In fact the only ones I did manage to see were out in the middle of the Flint. I did manage to find a huge group of Cans and a few bluebills yesterday, so maybe they will still be there next week (though I seriously doubt it). I think, wait, I know there were alot of people shooting the Cans both days. I had a buddy linc me and said that his group had already shot a mess of them Wednesday, and then haulded @ss out of there after assuming that someone called the DNR......shame, shame. After loading the boat up yesterday at Wingates, I watched two guys basically show off their 5 drake Cans right there in the parking lot...I couldn't believe it. It was as if they didn't know..really! Anyway, I'm going to try to get back down next week and after that I'm done with the lake for the season. Oh, by the way, there was a hell of alot of shooting down by the dam yesterday morning, so maybe someone had some luck???

7. TimberWacker07

TimberWacker07 Senior Refuge Member

How do yall cook ringnecks and how good are they? Down here they are considered a trash duck.

8. woodcockk

woodcockk Refuge Member

Best way is to marinate them in Worchester sauce with garlic salt and minced onion. Then put them on the grill. They sure taste good after that!!

9. agbps

agbps Senior Refuge Member

Marinate in Dale's or Allegro................:tu

Grill em Medium, pinch your nose shut and down the hatch..........

JK, Ringers aren't bad providing they haven't been on the turd ponds with the Shovelers.

I gumbo most of the Blackjacks we kill.............

10. 1100

1100 Senior Refuge Member

Ringers are NOT A TRASHDUCK to me. If it wasn't for ringnecks and wooddies we wouldn't have much duck hunting in my part of the world.

Ringnecks are very sporty to hunt, decoy well (sometimes), and can flat move it when they are in the dive mode. Folks around here used to call them "jet ducks".

I like them marinated in Dales or Moores, wrapped in bacon and grilled.
    They are also great stir-fried in olive oil with bell peppers, onions and garlic. So good I'm eating them again tonight after feeding on them last night.

Enjoy and God bless.