Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Hunting Reports...

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by B52-man, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    Well I'm back home and did not even fire a shot this morning!! We had some wind on the lake blowing to shore, but no birds, seen about a total of 10 whistlers flying all toll, no mergies flying the shoreline, could not even get one for the dog to retrieve. On the way home on the 202 just before where the farm burnt down this year, big buck crossing the road, I had to make a quick stop. Came pretty close, the dog even went nuts in the car, thats how close we came. It had a nice rack. The weather tommorrow I heard could get alittle nasty, rain, wind, snow and some big gusts!!

2. WildCanuck

WildCanuck Elite Refuge Member

dang.... the deer are getting pushed this time of year by desperate hunters in the last weekend!!!
    My dad went out this morning and shot 2 mallards. said the birds were around early, but left after early as well. Going to go for puddlers tomorrow in the end, especially if the weather forecasts looks good!!! I want a few more big mallards for the freezer!!!
    WildCanuck

3. WildCanuck

you reminded me of last year during deer season we had a driver hit a huge 8 pointer right at the end of my driveway!!! My dad couldn't beleive it, one of the biggest deer I'ver ever seen first hand. We also had a buck rub a tree on my property....:D rubbed a brand new sappling we bought my dad!!
    you're arn't kidding about the weather!! just saw the forecast, looks like it'll be a good day!!!! maybe try for some puddlers rock, they seemed to be around early like i said according to my dad.
    good luck!
    WildCanuck

4. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    Hey WildCanuck, is it the last weekend for deer, for blackpowder?

5. WildCanuck

yup. started back up wednesday and ends this weekend.
    WildCanuck

6. WildCanuck

went out to my spot this morning, and there were some early morning birds flying a bit. But there was so much water!!!! What was under 6 inches of water in the river at the start of the season, is now over 5 feet!!! Funny thing about this morning, is that the birds didn't want to land in on the river, they all wanted to land in the woods around the river!!! (which is now flooded timber). Usually the woods never has enough water to get the ducks in it. So, if it doesn't freeze over too much tonight, I'll be doing my first flooded timber hunt tomorrow!!!!!
    WildCanuck

7. WildCanuck

so tried it out this morning. Instead of oging on the river, we hunted along the woods bordered by a overflowing ditch. There were next to no birds after the a big storm yesterday, but we had a flock of about 15 birds dive bomb the decoys through the trees. It was real impressive, and we managed a black and a mallard.
    WildCanuck

8. TAZ

TAZ Senior Refuge Member

I jumped 2 greenheads tonight on a flooded corner of a local bean fiel. Lot's of mallards around and a fair amount of geese too. Hunting should be getting real good this week (finally).