Hunting season 2012-2013 reports

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by ericDC, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Thought you moved to Texas? Where are you hunting?

2. Mike@Riceland

Mike@Riceland New Member

Moved back home right before teal season, I hunt for Scott Ritchey at Louisiana Outfitters. We have blinds scattered out in Welsh, Thornwell, and Lake Arthur.

3. Marsh Dweller

Marsh Dweller Elite Refuge Member

Wow Mike, the speck numbers I saw in Gueydan and at the Black farm were way down and nothing I would call average. Friday I saw a ton of snows but less than 200 specks all day (some birds may have even been counted twice). Granted you hunt prime property, but historically my two areas have been strong too. I guess they bunched up in some areas and not others. Glad you have a good spilt. :tu

4. MadMan

MadMan Refuge Member

Hey Marsh Dweller,

up in the Miss Delta we are down on the ducks ( balme it on the weather too hot) and over run with specks. We have been making mid day or afternoon layout hunts for specks to help soften our lackluster morning duck hunts.

Hope we can get some decent weather later this month to bring in new birds as we are hunting resident ducks right now. Will be hunting Fri-Sun and will send you a report. take care

5. Tiger

Tiger Senior Refuge Member

First week of the season speck hunting was slow, the second week was off the charts, and the third week was back down again. Hope the second split is better. Hunt a couple of different blinds in the Thornwell area.

6. Mike@Riceland

Mike@Riceland New Member

When I speak of numbers, I mean number of birds that were killed on my hunts not nessesarily the number of birds I was seeing in the air or around the properties that I was hunting. As far as birds in the area I agree that the numbers are lower than they should be. Some mornings I only saw 50 birds max, but enough of them were interested enough to come down and have a look helping me scratch 19 limits out of 23 days. Seems like more mornings than not I was walking back to my four wheeler scratching my head and telling my self "wow, how did we just scratched another limit out". It was definitely time for the split and we really need some good pushes of new birds before it opens back up.

7. goose-caller

goose-caller Senior Refuge Member

This was from this past weekend hunting with Mike.

[​IMG]

8. Mike@Riceland

Mike@Riceland New Member

Jim?

9. goose-caller

goose-caller Senior Refuge Member

10. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Dang. Didn't just call them to their deaths but can identify the bodies.