Hunting Stabilizer?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Layout101, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

Currently working on refitting and upgrading some of the accessories on a 2013 Bear bow I bought last summer. I am looking at switching the stabilizer on it and it is pretty much only for hunting. I don't want a very long one (8" or less), and preferably rubber coated because I don't want it hitting anything and making noise while I am in the stand, also my bow doesn't really have that much vibration that I can tell.
    For hunting I have used the S Coil, Apex Attitude and DISH Hunter mini.
    Just wondering what you guys have found that you like.

2. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

I use a stubby little Doinker. I've had it several years and have never seen a need to upgrade. Works for me!

3. goosie119

goosie119 Refuge Member

The longer the better when it comes to stabilization. I'm just under 12" with my quick disconnect on my b-stinger pro, 17oz weight on the front, and run a 6" b-stinger sport hunter with 6oz of weight out the back on a v bar setup. I've never had a problem in the tree with the extra length, it sticks out less than your arrow does before you draw.

4. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

Oh, I see where this is going. I do just fine with my Doinker. :l

5. Trophyduck

Trophyduck Elite Refuge Member

longer and heavier is better. I used to use a short (8") SIMS.....tried the longer heavier one (forget what it is) and it makes a big difference. YEARS ago I shot a little competition and the long stabilizers were night and day to a short one.
    Anything is better than none though

6. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I read an article earlier this year that basically said that anything below about 10"-12" didn't have an appreciable impact. I'll see if I can locate the link.

Given that, I keep a 6" Limb-Saver model on mine just for a little weight below the center line, but since I haven't shot the bow without it I can't say if it really helps or not. Guess I should check.