Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Huntsville?

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by filter, Dec 30, 2003.

1. filter

filter Senior Refuge Member

hey guy i have a few questions for you, me and my wife are looking for a good area to relocate into, we both duck,deer and turkey hunt and would like to know how the Huntsville area is
    for hunting, fishing and how nice the area is in general? i have heard good things about it, any help would be great, also how are the schools? we have are own duck boat and lots of deks and i have been duck hunting for 20 years now and i am only 31 and it is my passion, next to my wife :D
    thanks lenny

2. Bamawebfoot

Bamawebfoot Moderator Moderator

Tennessee River and the Mississippi Delta
    Hey,

Huntsville and Madison County are great places to live, good economy, enough going on to keep you from getting bored, good schools, plenty of golf, good deer hunting, great bass fishing close by, BUT the duck hunting SUCKS:( We probably have one decent year out of every five. So if duck hunting is high on the priority list, you are probably out of luck.

Mike:nutz

3. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Mike's full of it. Decatur is where you want to be....10 minutes from everything in Huntsville, and the ducks are all over around that way.;) :D

4. jaxx

jaxx Elite Refuge Member

Give Jill a shout, she would be glad to help you relocate to beautiful Huntsvages or Madison. And she may even spill out a few of my hotspots.lol

She helped a few others on here move to town, send me a pm and I will give you her info.

5. filter

filter Senior Refuge Member

thanks for the help guys