"Hybrid" boat pics

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by djc, Feb 11, 2008.

1. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

I think I just waste more time online than everyone else. :l Only normally only read the mud motor and hybrid threads too.

I believe we paid extra for the video.

2. MissedAgain

MissedAgain Elite Refuge Member

Dark - yes the US composites epoxy is easy to work with and will do the job.

It is amazing how things happen and evolve. I started with a desire to build a boat and most folks I knew poo-pooed my ambitions but I did it anyway. It was a melding of old concepts and new building techniques. Stitch & glue instead of using ring nails into supports. Made 'em lighter and easier to build.

The Hybrids are great little boats - the website has been posted on this forum and does come up if you GOOGLE it.

Videos come with the NL and DE plans.

The last one I built was in the $450 range using epoxy. The website wouldn't update last time I tried...

AR34 likes this.
  3. SMathison17

SMathison17 New Member

Received my plans today! The dvd with the video on it seems to be corrupted, or they did not format it correctly. Does anyone have any insight on how to either contact them about it and/or fix it?

Edit: Windows 10 apparently doesn't have the license to play DVDs, so I downloaded VLC.

Can't wait to get started!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  4. Cold Feet

Cold Feet Refuge Member

I built the mold for the Pintail of Popular Mechanics fame in hopes of designing a stitch and glue pattern. Then I discovered the lumber rack was void of plywood but rich in cedar. So! I now have a strip built Pintail. When it is done I will provide the lofting to Missed Again to do with he pleases. ATTACH]165139[/ATTACH] 20170205_163958.jpeg IMG_09761.jpg IMG_09771.jpg

H20DAD and dw1 like this.
  5. longduck

longduck Senior Refuge Member

Lookin good Coldfeet! ;)

6. oleducker

oleducker Senior Refuge Member

7. oleducker

oleducker Senior Refuge Member

Shout to Darkvibe...Have you done anything to leanthen your transom.?..
    Maybe consider a drybox 2inches less then the transom allaround...Get
    added flotation for the extra weight. Put the motor mount on the end...
    Stay safe...

8. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

I haven't done anything yet. I did decide not to extend the boat. I don't want to take on that project and the associated risks by cutting up a perfectly good hull. I am just going to cantilever the motor mount out about 12" and support it with some brackets, all attached to the current 2x8 motor mount. I might figure out a way to make the extension removable for when I am not going to use a motor. It would be nice to be able to remove it without tools. I have some ideas but haven't mocked anything up yet.

9. MissedAgain

MissedAgain Elite Refuge Member

Very Nice! That is a labor of love. I wish I had the time to do one like that. Would epoxy it with some nice SHINY clear coat and show her off. Could throw a camo cover on it if I would dare hunt with her - might get blood on the clear coat!

10. Cold Feet

Cold Feet Refuge Member

This one is experimental, will be green. When I get the mold right, will do a bright finish. Some guy on the interweb said, "You can build your own boat". Somehow, that made me fearless. Thanks Missed

Attached Files:

AR34, darkvibe and BrownDrake like this.