"Hybrid" boat pics

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by djc, Feb 11, 2008.

1. lokdup

lokdup New Member

Almost ready to start painting. Am planning on using either duralux marine enamel does anyone know of a good primer to use with it?

2. Duckshooter101

Duckshooter101 Refuge Member

20170826_153347.jpg Finally got started after 4 years of sitting on the plans. Hope to fiberglass this week if the weather permits.

Constructeur, darkvibe and BrownDrake like this.
  3. MissedAgain

MissedAgain Elite Refuge Member

Hi Bob - glad to see you are up and about. Hope you are feeling well!

Duck - looking good!

The number of requests is real low this year - still some guys finding the design and liking it. We were tossing around the idea of updating the video and just don't have enough interest to finance it.

Hard to compete with kayaks being cheaper and multi-use as opposed to just duck hunting.

4. BrownDrake

BrownDrake Elite Refuge Member

MA, I built one earlier this year but didn't post anything about it. As for hunting out of a kayak, I did that with my wife's kayak and still decided I would rather hunt out of a hybrid as it would provide a lot more stable shooting scenario along with able to take more decoys.

5. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

Has anyone tried to register one of these in the state of IL ? I've decided that its time to run a motor on mine after having it at a non-powered boat for 4 years. Unfortunately i do not have any of my receipts from that time period as proof of material purchase.

Glad that so many people are still building these little boats. They really are a great tool for hunting.