Hydroturf

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by lab1, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Senior Refuge Member

There all right when I put mine down there's no moving it once its stuck, take the backing off in small sections when you place it. My boat like lax's has the B stock in it and I haven't had any issues with it

2. shooter

shooter Elite Refuge Member

True. Same for the contact adhesive, as mentioned.
    The contact cement is considerably cheaper, a little messier, both are nearly permanent. Either way, surface prep is key.
    You can lay dowel rods or something like that on the surface to assist in placement, then remove them sequentially as you set the HT in place. With either adhesive, make sure you use a heavy roller or similar to ensure good contact.

3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Has anyone had Hydroturf wear out? My boat sits outside year round. I have gone through one set of the foam cushion snap together foot padding that is for workshops and gyms and am getting close to needing to replace the second set. I'm getting about 5-6 years out of a set.

4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Nope, our boat sits out yr round, winter temps only get down to the low 30's, summer temps are in the high 90's up to 105*. We put the grey B stock stuff down with 3M super 90 spray about 7 yrs ago.
    A few little spots lifted over the yrs, but a shot of the 3M spray and it's good to go.
    Love the stuff, wouldn't have a tin boat without it ever again.
    It takes a beating and shows little to no wear.
    Make sure you install it in the shade, a few minutes in the sun and the stuff grows like you wouldn't believe, once it's down it's good to go for yrs to come.
    It helps to have two people when installing it, cut it a bit heavy the stuff cuts like butter so you can always square seams up as need be.:yes:tu:tu:tu

Fowler267 likes this.
  5. murdock84

murdock84 Elite Refuge Member

I put the self adhesive in my Duckwater floor and the pods on the back where the dog sits. I did use the spray adhesive as well for that piece of mind. Only place mine shows wear is where the dog comes up the ladder. It from the dogs nails digging in. The other side is fine. Those two spots are in the open since 2012.

Fowler267 likes this.
  6. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

I just got some off ebay for $78 and did my boat. Two benches, front deck, and the surface on the transom braces where we often step in and out. Tops of pods were done previously.

Attached Files:

freefall, Wareagle1 and lab1 like this.
  7. lab1

lab1 Elite Refuge Member

Do you have a link to what you purchased? Thanks

8. warrenwaterfowler

9. warrenwaterfowler