I’ve become cool again!!

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by stumpy waters, Jan 20, 2018.

1. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

Been shooting an A5 since I was 9 (a long time...) and never owned anything else. Last 11 years shot nothing but a 20 gauge A5.

Seems to be the cool thing now is shooting an A5. I’ve always told my kids one day I would be back in style.

2. booger

booger Elite Refuge Member

Oh, I thought you bought a Havoc with a lawnmower motor.

I tried a 12gauge with different loads, tinkered with the rings, etc. Never got it reliable with the steel shot of the 90's.

What works with that 20 gauge?

3. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

Stumpy's a damn dinosaur.

4. stumpy waters

Heck no.

My 12 gauge is a jap with a fixed modified barrel. I never had any problems at all with it. It came with two friction rings and I had both of them in front of the spring for heavier load cycling.

My 20 gauge is a Belgium. For a while I used a jap fixed modified barrel. Didn’t have any problems with it. Now I’m using the original full choke belgium barrel that came with the gun, but I had a guy put a chargeable choke in it and use a full choke most of the time. That gun only came with one friction ring and of course it’s in front of the spring, but I don’t have any problem cycling light 2-3/4 loads or 3 inch.

I shoot a lot of Kent faststeel, shoot a little heavy metal, and this year I’ve also shot some of the new browning shells squirrel hunting. Also still use 2-3/4 shells for squirrels when lead is allowed.

5. stumpy waters

That might be true!