I cannot wait for the biggest best USA military parade! Our service personnel deserve it!

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Feb 6, 2018.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I don’t see it as celebrating service to our country. I see it as stoking Trumps ego. Based on the uproar and feed back from all the veterans groups I am a pet if they also feel that way and are overwhelming objective to it. It’s hard for me to believe to believe ANY draft dodger is some kind of ultra patriotic pro military guy.

2. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

Senior Chief Petty Officer Robert J. O’Neill, who said he fired the shots that killed Bin Laden during the 2011 raid, crafted a tweet on Thursday that made his feelings on a military parade abundantly clear. “A military parade is Third World ********. We prepare. We deter. We fight. Stop this conversation,” he wrote.

3. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

As usual: LINK IT!!!!!

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

It was Chuck Schumers idea first!

Chuck Schumer 2014: You Know What We Should Have? A Military Parade

6. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Well that settles it. It must be a great idea if Schumer thought of it.:doh

7. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Schumer thought so back in 2014 - in 2018 maybe not so much.

I say it is a total waste of time and $....

But hey - that is what the Federal Government does best - wastes time and money.... :doh

8. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

All of the support for military and veterans is a great idea. However, I think instead of a parade in Washington D.C with tanks and Humvees we should designate a national holiday and recognize them in parades all throughout the country every year. Just imagine... there could be a parade in every town celebrating their dedication, commitment and sacrifice. They can even hold one in WDC if they want.

3inch3's, WoodieSC and Ducker 4 Ever like this.
  9. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Is that the SEAL team 6 dude who got out of the Navy 4 years or so before he hit 20 years and then was upset because the Military wasn't going to give him anything? Maybe he should have lived the quiet professional mantra that the community embraces.... Wait, I forgot, he was a SEAL they are more about writing books and doing movies, the D boys are the quiet professionals. Keep digging dippy doo, I understand you hate the Trump and will find anything and anyone to further your hate agenda and validate your #nevertrump feelings. My question to you is, would you have been so upset about this if Obama had wanted it? Me thinks not. Personally I am refreshed that we have a President who appreciates the Military and wants to put us back in the spotlight, even if it is a stupid parade.

YL03

lugnut and lax like this.
  10. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

I am pretty sure this was sarcasm...but no emoji winky faces lol

Veteran's Day and Memorial Day come to mind, but most people are too busy BBQing and drinking. And honestly we have been pretty busy and stretched pretty thin over the past 15 years.

YL03