I did it.

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Birdup, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Birdup

Birdup Moderator Moderator

I removed the threads.
    The sportsmans's one served no purpose of being resurrected.
    The other one was a good post till you guys had to get in a pi$$ing match.

Let's try to add positive things to the forum.

Please.

2. deadeyedick

deadeyedick Senior Refuge Member

I know you did. I logged on and was going to delete it myself but you beat me to it. :doh

3. jdavis92

jdavis92 Elite Refuge Member

What'd I miss? :flame :cool:

4. daves

daves Senior Refuge Member

OK so this season sucks and you remove the only entertainment, I was hoping for a ringside seat!
    Jeff, good work this morning! A marshmellow to the head can be lethal.

5. timbutcher

timbutcher Senior Refuge Member

I am ****ed. I had hot popcorn. A Dr Pepper and our moderator ruined my entertainment. I can't believe I am going to say this but I want Jeff back. :nutz:grvn

6. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

Thank You Kevin

7. daves

Careful what you wish for Tim! My comments were in jest (as I think yours were). I think you'll find Kevin to be a fair, rational and conscientious moderator. There is a history here with some internet bravado and a forum environment that caused what used to be a pretty active forum go dormant. Hopefully, under Kevin's supervision, it can again be a fun and informative place to visit. Knowing Kevin, I'm pretty confident humor will be allowed! Now if I can just get him to stop shooting at my birds, all will be good. Good luck with the rest of the season!

8. timbutcher

Daves you are right this forum has been dead. That's why I put up a good post regarding how the season is going for everyone. This forum was so hush hush because everyone was worried about someone stealing their spot or sky busting 100 yards down from each other. We are too worried about a new guy hunting around us. We need to embrace each other and get to now the new members. We should be able to say" I shot picacho this morning good hunt" or I shot Roosevelt or the Gila or Mittry without worrying about if someone else for the fuge shows up to hunt the next weekend. And if ethics are a problem, tough, as long as they don't break the law. We can discuss just not fight, about it here. But think of all the duck hunters not on the fuge.

9. daves

Tim, thanks for the response, discussion and civil debate always welcome! I would have to disagree with you on a couple points though. There has been a tremendous increase in population and thus duck hunters in AZ with no increase in available places to hunt. In a dry year like this one, there are actually fewer places. There have also been significant changes in technology, such as gps, google earth, mud motors and internet forums, all of which make it easier to find and access places to hunt. I fully realize most of where we hunt is public access but when you post specifically where you hunt you run a very good chance of causing "burn-out" not only for you but other hunters using that spot. When you post locations on here (even if you are no longer going to hunt them) you "educate" not only forum members and friends but countless other people. Some places like Roosevelt can handle the pressure, other small places can be ruined for the season in a weekend or two. Additionally, I do think ethics are a problem. This is not dove hunting. You want to shoot doves 75 yards away from me, no problem (unless you hit me)! You set up (with or without decoys) 100-150 yds downwind of me and then shoot at everything working my set, then I either have a discussion which may or may not be well received or my morning is done. With the effort, money and time investment in duck hunting I'm not okay with that. Even though everything I hunt is public, if someone showed me a spot, I don't take someone else there or hunt it unless I know it is okay with them. I have no problem welcoming other hunters into the sport or sharing general knowledge but, in my experience (this is my 48th year of waterfowling, and trust me, I'm still learning) posting specific locations (with the possible exception of the larger areas) is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. Our disagreement on the above issues aside, I'm sure you're someone I'd enjoy hunting with!

10. timbutcher

Dave's, I agree100% I think you can follow my posts and I know what not to posts and realize I don't give up the X. There are some new members around here who I have befriended some new fuge members and we have had some good info exchange via p.m. I have learned things and exchanged info with a few people this year. I am over the phobia of losing a spot. Duck hunting is a cool thing to do now. Everyone watches duck dynasty and what not. Just as this is your 48th year, this is my 20 th year and like to hunt with hunters with your experience. We were hunting when duck hunting was not cool or the in sport. Good hunting to you and all the others this year.